P25/Encrypted freq near Groton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a frequency of 168.5875 p25 encrypted around groton today. Wondering if anyone knows what that might be. Couldn't find anything yet, and I've look around quite a bit.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I checked RI and NY in the license search on the FCC website as well and found nothing. Might be a federal frequency.

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
Couple of places on Google show this as "168.5875 Diplomatic Protection Division 2". I can confirm that I heard it today, and it is definitely P25 ENC. No regular P25 heard yet. Will scan 16X.XXX to see if I can hear anything else.

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Schoolcop

This may be Plum Island security. They have there own security,fire/EMS depts out on the island. You may see there patrol boat sometimes cruising around just off the island they will also chase you away with the boat if you get to close. They are part of the Dept. of Agriculture.

KB1JHU

This may be Plum Island security. They have there own security,fire/EMS depts out on the island. You may see there patrol boat sometimes cruising around just off the island they will also chase you away with the boat if you get to close. They are part of the Dept. of Agriculture.

Plum Island Animal Disease Center : Home

The land, buildings and facilities at Plum Island are now controlled by DHS, however, USDA still uses the facility for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.