P25 Fcc Grants issued for UCA

enosjones

Premium Subscriber

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Since most of the data is in now, I restricted full editing permissions to just being able to comment. Those who made edits still have edit permission. As far as I know there is nothing to listen to yet, it is just a plan.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
They have only been granted hence the licenses, but none that we know of are live, more are still being granted by the fcc but as of right now its as up to date as it can be, they are still adding more

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
As stated before, it may be a while (year or two) before these "go active". That said, I still take a "look" thru the 700 Mhz PS band each time I go out signal chasing. ;)

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI Utah Hill has a 700mhz grant pending for UCA no call license yet but I've listed it in the spreadsheet.. I will update it when the call sign has been issued.. as of 04/07/2022 makes 115 listed sites including Simo sites that may share multiple locations/licenses

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
No I don't think they will be for a bit, they don't have all the sites fcc grants yet listed, there are still sites that need licenses, horn and Blackhawk I know of for sure im sure there's others for 700mhz

KD7DDC

Here is a question for the group:

At what point should we add these all to the Db with some preliminary site information? Reading some documents from UCAN it's going live soon. The "cutover testing" phase is scheduled for 8/31/22 and will last 244 days. I believe this will be the time when things got hot and we start getting traffic. If we have at least the sites in the Db before then people with scanners that pull that data can start being configured. and prepared to assist in TG search and Id.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Either we need to hear a site or get some official site information to put it in the DB. FCC license data is insufficient. If someone wants to create a Wiki page with sites and their licensed frequencies that might be helpful. Doing a band scan for new control channels is a lot easier and just as effective IMO.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
We have the fcc licenses on that spreadsheet that needs coverted to the wiki, the sites gotta go up before talkgroups can be tested

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
The last site to be licensed for the 700 mhz system was utah hill.. not many has been licensed lately, yet still some need to be. I know Blackhawk, horn, abajo, are a few that hasn't been licensed for 700mhz yet

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I like the Database as actually confirmed (I heard it on my radio) reports. Many times what is in the FCC files, does not match "The Real World". I assume the database to be real world.

KD7DDC

Either we need to hear a site or get some official site information to put it in the DB. FCC license data is insufficient. If someone wants to create a Wiki page with sites and their licensed frequencies that might be helpful. Doing a band scan for new control channels is a lot easier and just as effective IMO.
I like the Database as actually confirmed (I heard it on my radio) reports. Many times what is in the FCC files, does not match "The Real World". I assume the database to be real world.

Yes, I understand those points. Just disappointed. With my 436HP programming things from the database is far easier than having to paste over things from the Wiki or Spreadsheet. Look like I will leave all the hard work and fun in August to you all.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I understand. RR has a clear policy on what is to be included in the DB. Among other things the DB Admin Handbook lists the following as Excluded Data:

Any unconfirmed data – do not use the database as a “scratch pad” for miscellaneous notes; please use the forums and wiki for this type of data.
  • License data is not considered confirmed!