P25 Fire Tac Channels and Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmays189

Can anybody pick up the TAC channels for the fire department and or any of the hospitals Telemetry channels? Has not been able to since we switched over to p25

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Services Selected?

What scanner are you using? Uniden 436/536 or home patrol? Make sure you have services selected. Tac/ MED / Etc' .

gmays189

I am, Just not TAC's (Zone and Channel ex: Zone 1 Tac 3), or any medic to hospital tele's?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Improved SNACC

After some reading I found time to make some adjustments to my 536 for the snacc system. First I downloaded the beta firmware 1-11-20 from Uniden Upman. Its found in the uniden tech forums here. Then I used Sentinel to set all digital threshold modes to "manual" and a value of 8. Thats in the list editor, select a site example APEX then on the options tab for that site you'll see the boxes where to deselect auto and select manual and the value setting below that. I've noticed more catches on the scanner, I am getting Hospital and fire tacs. I hope this information helps you out?

edgeman

I just did all this for my 436 and the audio has improved, a lot, and I'm getting more hospital traffic, but I don't think I'm getting all the fire traffic. Any ideas? BTW you can get the firmware update via Sentinal. I'm going to bump the threshold up to 10 and see what happens. Thanks this was a big help.

edgeman

Update: I followed the suggestion found in an earlier thread, P25 Fire Tac Channels and Hospitals, and it has helped.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Check Service types

I just did all this for my 436 and the audio has improved, a lot, and I'm getting more hospital traffic, but I don't think I'm getting all the fire traffic. Any ideas? BTW you can get the firmware update via Sentinal. I'm going to bump the threshold up to 10 and see what happens. Thanks this was a big help.

Check to make sure all service types are active. Fire Dispatch/Fire-tac/EMS-Dispatch/EMS-tac/hospital etc'. It seems to be the most overlooked setting on these 436/536 scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.