P25 for Franklin County Sheriff & Killen PD

bearcat780

All,
I have been hearing P25 voice on 155.955 (Franklin SO) & 154.725 (Killen PD). Can anyone confirm frequencies and NACs? I only caught a couple of transmissions on Franklin SO & just the tail end of a conversation on Killen PD this past weekend. I am about 60 miles away from both so I can only monitor late in the evenings and have no way to decode NACs. I have noticed in the past when I'm in the area that the simulcast of Killen units on the conventional analog frequency of 460.2125 sounded a little digital like.

MDKramerAL

Premium Subscriber
For the SO I monitor 2 freqs what I call Lauderdale Co W 155.2500 and Lauderdale Co E 154.84500.
The W is dispatch only for the LA SO.
E includes dispatch for LASO on the east side of the county, Killen, Rogersville, and St Florian.

I do not monitor Franklin SO but have heard some digital transmissions that are unknown.
I'll monitor the above-listed freqs to see if I can hear anything.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Last I heard, Franklin County law enforcement still had a large amount of non-P25 radios, and had no immediate plans to convert to P25. I listened to them yesterday and they were still operating on analog. Are you sure you weren't hearing Hanceville PD? (155.955, $220 NAC)

During the short amount of time I was able to listen this morning, I didn't hear any traffic on the Lauderdale County law channels, however just a few days ago they were operating on analog. Killen PD and I believe a few other agencies in the county are using TangoTango PoC devices, with a gateway to their VHF system. When talking on TangoTango, the audio quality definitely has a "digital" sound quality. Note that Cullman County EMS has been using P25 on 154.725 ($420) for years. Is it possible you were hearing them?

bearcat780

Thanks for the response, it very well may be those I'm hearing. I'll have to listen again soon and see if I hear some locations.

MDKramerAL

Premium Subscriber
In Lauderdale County, the dispatch appears to use cell phone direct communication with officers during slow call times. The radio traffic increases with high call volume.

jshg46

I feel its going to be a long while for Lawrence County also. You almost feel sorry for them and those poor walkies.