P25 Hillsborough County

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
TIA, Temple Terrace, Tampa Parking are the only full-time users right now. So not very busy. ALS to Hosp is simulcasted. Also there's some LE activity on the HIL-1 to 16 talk groups (in the DB as ISSI).

HCSO D1 street crimes was simulcasted on P25 the other day (but ENC on both systems). Temple Terrace PD & FD have been using different talk group ID's for a couple weeks or more.

I don't have the ID's handy right now. But you keep it on ID search you might find new stuff.

ScubaJungle

TIA, Temple Terrace, Tampa Parking are the only full-time users right now. So not very busy. ALS to Hosp is simulcasted. Also there's some LE activity on the HIL-1 to 16 talk groups (in the DB as ISSI).

HCSO D1 street crimes was simulcasted on P25 the other day (but ENC on both systems). Temple Terrace PD & FD have been using different talk group ID's for a couple weeks or more.

I don't have the ID's handy right now. But you keep it on ID search you might find new stuff.
cool. If anyone from Tampa would like to start a little cumulative google doc or trade info on local stuff, I'd be down.
I don't have much to offer yet, but I did log quite a few UID's of the EDACS west system using Unitrunker, if anyone interested in Detective "Joe's" UID or patrol car A4, and stuff like that, lol

I haven't noticed any difference between simulcast/not. It says P25 simulcast on my BCD436HP, but all of them come through the same. I dont seem to have any issues with it, at least so far.

ScubaJungle

Temple Terrace PD 11025
Temple Terrace FD 11249
Thanks, 11025 is actually on right now as I'm posting this. I havent seen the other yet, though.

Last night there was a new talk group using P25, it started with a 4, maybe 429? It had two numbers on the screen, one was 49x, and the other was 6XXX, I've never seen that before.

ScubaJungle

Does anyone know if this is an image or if the P25 system is being broadcast on the federal band right now?
Right after clicking on the signal a whole bunch of "patch/simuselect supergroup: TG=65334, patch/simuselect subgroup: TG=501" appeared as well (with different subgroup #s)
The frequencies appear to be:
169.8875 - ch1-1166​
170.5625 - ch2-1146 -
173.8125 - ch3 - 1568

Also had TDMA info on DSD, as seen in the picture.

I am not copying voice, but do see the TGs appear

Attachments

• Screenshot (87).png
    Screenshot (87).png
    497.1 KB · Views: 28

kbrkr

I will say last night all hell broke loose in Hillsborough County. I was hearing State, Sheriff, Tactical, Federal, etc all on P25 during the Riots/protests. It appears to be back to normal today. I haven't listened to that before so I don't know if there is a System Wide protocol which gets triggered during Civil Unrest.

kbrkr

Tampa FD appears to be patched into the P25 system, calls are coming over both systems (TG:1457)

I wonder if this is a temporary condition due to the civil unrest. I'm next to Polk County, but didn't hear any cross traffic from Polk to Hillsborough which I thought I would due to protocols.

ScubaJungle

I wonder if this is a temporary condition due to the civil unrest. I'm next to Polk County, but didn't hear any cross traffic from Polk to Hillsborough which I thought I would due to protocols.
It's possible - but I think its more likely just usual testing. There's been a lot of TGs pop up that are broadcast on both EDACS and P25, and they usually stay up for a few days, then go away, pop up again, etc (besides the ones that seem to be permanent on there, (TPIA Police, HCFD ALS to Hospital TG, Parking, etc).
This is the first time Ive seen a Tampa city agency on P25 though - previously I've only seen HCSO, HCFD, TPIA PD, Plant City PD/FD, Temple Terrace, and parking enforcement.

I still am confused about whats going on with the simulcasting on the federal band. As of right now - it is still up on 169.8875.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Tampa FD appears to be patched into the P25 system, calls are coming over both systems (TG:1457)
They come and go on the P25 system. They'll likely be gone in a few days and then back to EDACS-only.

Another thing to look at is if your scanner has the ability is to look at the radio ID. You'd be able to tell it's a patch from EDACS if the radio ID on the P25 system is the same between transmissions.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
The simulcasting on the fed band is to allow fed agency's radios to be connected to the information hub (trunking system). When I was listening the other night, the heavy usage was on Countywide, then split into Countywide and another TG when the crowd split between 2 locations. There we audio noises and clicks coming from some source. Several users were telling people that they were bumping their mics or going "hot mic". At that point, the dispatcher stepped in and told people it was a patch with another agency. Many fed agencies are primarily VHF. I will have to check the NIFOG to see what that freq is typically used for. TT

ScubaJungle

The simulcasting on the fed band is to allow fed agency's radios to be connected to the information hub (trunking system). When I was listening the other night, the heavy usage was on Countywide, then split into Countywide and another TG when the crowd split between 2 locations. There we audio noises and clicks coming from some source. Several users were telling people that they were bumping their mics or going "hot mic". At that point, the dispatcher stepped in and told people it was a patch with another agency. Many fed agencies are primarily VHF. I will have to check the NIFOG to see what that freq is typically used for. TT
That makes sense, Ive never seen that before.
Yep, lot of countywide and a bunch of new TGs I haven't seen before. Crazy week!

andyman82

TampaScan
That was the most exciting night I've ever heard on a scanner, and at the time I could only pick up the sheriff and the CW channels! Missed out on all the TPD chatter.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
so scanning around the 700 band this morning, i find this (see picture) - a "site 40" of the 1E306.32D Hillsborough system.... odd thing - it's not reporting out neighbor sites (like the primary 1.1 and 2.2 sites) -- and compared to the 1.1 and 2.2 sites, the signal is about 1/2 as strong.

CanesFan95

Thanks for the update. I have a very weak signal on that same frequency here in North Tampa. Are you in the Tampa area?

Using DSD+, I've always gotten broken audio that cuts out a lot and am never truly able to listen. It's aggravating and there doesn't seem to be a solution. Are you able to get steady audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.