P25 Hillsborough County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
And Temple Terrace, Tampa Intl Airport PD (and some additional non-PS ops), and Tampa Parking Division.

CanesFan95

LOL. The County has been "switching" for about 3 years now. God knows when they'll actually finish converting to P25. But you know what? I say, good! Becauase the EDACS we have now is more monitorable. And no stupid issues with simulcast and expensive radios.

Fhpcar

Thanks for the quick reply!! I have all freqs programmed into my g5 on 24 element yagi aimed at tampa still says out of range
west system is loud and clear
I have the Unication G5 as well. Radio Reference shows the west simulcast frequencies with a control channel and two control channel backups. The east simulcast system shows 10 frequencies, but no control channels. I live in near Plant City and can get the west system perfectly (TIAPD, Temple Terrace PD) but cannot get the east system at all (Plant City PD, HCSO D1, and TFR Dispatch. Any updates on why this system is dead for Unication?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I also have the same problem as you with Unication G 5 & G4. I have never had any bars on the East Group. Again I am in Sarasota and it depends on the weather.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
New ISSI talkgroups added. Currently working in conjunction with Pinellas's Phase-1 system. Those ISSI talkgroups have been published as well.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
In Pinellas, they're ID'd as the "PIN" talkgroups. Haven't heard what the HIL guys call theirs.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
It has been brought to my attention that Hillsborough FD/SO and Tampa FD/PD will be on the new Phase 2 system by the time superbowl comes in 2021.

kbrkr

Thanks for the heads up. I believe Temple Terrace and Tampa International Airport have also starting using P25 as I started picking them up

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Thanks for the heads up. I believe Temple Terrace and Tampa International Airport have also starting using P25 as I started picking them up
Temple Terrace and TPA PD have been on the P25 system for a few years now. Reception is still very spotty for me, though, but it seems to have improved somewhat in recent weeks (still getting missed transmissions but nowhere near as many as I used to). They must be gearing up for more power into the system or something.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Temple T has been on it since at least May 1st, 2014 when they were plain Phase I. They switched to Phase II in Jan. 2016. TIAPD might have been one of the first users. Testing began (according to my logs) May 2012, and ISSI's were being used the same month. Unreal that this thing has been used for over 7 years, and they're still almost a year and a half out from a full house.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Temple T has been on it since at least May 1st, 2014 when they were plain Phase I. They switched to Phase II in Jan. 2016. TIAPD might have been one of the first users. Testing began (according to my logs) May 2012, and ISSI's were being used the same month. Unreal that this thing has been used for over 7 years, and they're still almost a year and a half out from a full house.
Nothing surprises me anymore with some of these counties and systems.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the system NAC? Loading some p7100/7200s now.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Has anybody had any trouble picking up the East system the last couple of nights? I had a consistently strong signal that seemed to have disappeared, and any transmissions I pick up are just spotty at best.

Meanwhile from Thonotosassa I'm still unable to clearly receive transmissions off of the West system.

kbrkr

I monitor the East system, primarily Plant City Police and Fire. They have been fine the past few nights. Fire has moved to the P25 simulcast the past few months. It has been super active. I had no idea the strain the EMS system is under.

Status
Not open for further replies.