P25 Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

w-galinsky

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have the BCD396XT and I have just got the premium membership. It looks like I got all the conventional channels via Freescan import but I seem to not be able to find/import all the P25 channels. I have also looked under the trunked Import option with no success.

I am new to the digital scene so try to keep it simple as I do not know how to program the P25 manually.

Thanks for any help!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have the BCD396XT and I have just got the premium membership. It looks like I got all the conventional channels via Freescan import but I seem to not be able to find/import all the P25 channels. I have also looked under the trunked Import option with no success.

I am new to the digital scene so try to keep it simple as I do not know how to program the P25 manually.

Thanks for any help!
What system(s) are you trying to import? City, county & state (if not Mass.).
And for the system, which ones (category?) did not import?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have had no issue with this and I have the older 396 - in the 'options' tab of the trunk import screen, make sure the 'skip channels marked as digital' is not checked.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

w-galinsky

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to import all P25 systems for Southern NH specifically, one example is Plaistow, NH of Rockingham County. The analog freq. is there for import but I don't see the P25/ NAC code. I was picking this up with my close call but replaced everything with the import and now I don't hear them anymore.

I dont see any NAC codes in the import section for Rockingham county, New Hampshire. I don't know any other way to tell if I am being given a P25 system as I am new too this. I know a lot of police departments in this County use the P25.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
'skip channels marked as digital' is not checked -- Good idea though, Thanks
I just imported that county (in FreeScan), & it looks ok.

One note:
Un-check the box for "Simple view". Unless you do that, you won't see the fields for the NAC code. You'd also miss the options to set backlight color (Alt color), the alert tone (Alt tone) and some others.

w-galinsky

Premium Subscriber
I just imported that county (in FreeScan), & it looks ok.

One note:
Un-check the box for "Simple view". Unless you do that, you won't see the fields for the NAC code. You'd also miss the options to set backlight color (Alt color), the alert tone (Alt tone) and some others.

-When I upload Rockingham County, City of Plaistow it will give me the Analog Police station as listed in the database, but it does not give me the Digital P25 with NAC code of 117 (which is also listed in the database).

Should this be part of the "Trunked" or "Conventional" Import? I have tried both with no sucess (I have unchecked "simple view")

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
-When I upload Rockingham County, City of Plaistow it will give me the Analog Police station as listed in the database, but it does not give me the Digital P25 with NAC code of 117 (which is also listed in the database).

Should this be part of the "Trunked" or "Conventional" Import? I have tried both with no sucess (I have unchecked "simple view")
The frequency you are indicating above would be conventional.

I think what is throwing you off here is an error in the database "Alpha Tag" field. For Plaistow, the analog channel 156.23250 shows a tag of Plaistow Police Dispatch.

But for 154.7550, both the analog and digital lines for the frequency say "RockinghamPD" in the alpha tag field (even though they're under the category header for Plaistow).

154.75500 KTE395 RM 136.5 PL RockinghamPD Police (Analog) FM Law Dispatch
KTE395 RM 117 NAC RockinghamPD Police (Digital) P25 Law Dispatch

See the attached zip file. I imported the county. It imports as two systems, multiple groups, because FreeScan separates each city (category) into a different group. Also make sure you don't have "Law Dispatch" (or any other of interest) accidentally checked on the "skip tags" tab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.