P25 in Roswell and Carlsbad

Status
Not open for further replies.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
On a recent road trip, heard nothing on the RR listed frequencies in Roswell/Chavez County. Lots of new P25 conventional on VHF. In Carlsbad, 154.115 p25 NAC 114.
Will try to post more later.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
FCC says 154.115 is for Eddy Co jail operations under license WPNT394 with mobile input 158.97, low power: 5 watts on mobiles, 10 on base. I also see a lot of PW frequencies in the FCC listings for Eddy Co (including Carlsbad and Artesia) that are not identified in RR.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
DB is created by users. If it isn't right, help fix it!

Roswell might have gone to a P25 VHF trunked system.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
FCC says 154.115 is for Eddy Co jail operations under license WPNT394 with mobile input 158.97, low power: 5 watts on mobiles, 10 on base. I also see a lot of PW frequencies in the FCC listings for Eddy Co (including Carlsbad and Artesia) that are not identified in RR.

I was in Carlsbad on a handheld at the time, and believe it to be jail ops, now on P-25. Thanks.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
154.755 NAC 4F9 May be Chavez SO. Could hear it in mobile from south of Artesia almost all the way up to Cloudcroft.
155.3025 NAC 130
158.865 NAC 555
153.77 NAC 555

baseball214

154.755 NAC 4F9 May be Chavez SO. Could hear it in mobile from south of Artesia almost all the way up to Cloudcroft.
155.3025 NAC 130
158.865 NAC 555
153.77 NAC 555

Yes it's Chaves County SO on 154.755 with NAC 4F9.

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
Update:
158.865 NAC 555
153.77 NAC 555
These frequencies are the previous Roswell Fire repeater pair. I was hearing them in the mobile around Artesia, so I assume they are both repeater outputs, as I doubt I could hear a mobile that far away. (Unless I was hearing the control station on one and the repeater on the other.)

155.3025 NAC 130 is a mystery. There don't appear to be any nearby FCC licenses for this in SE NM. The same radio (GRE PSR 600) picked up Lincoln County on 155.31 analog just fine, so I'm assuming the correct frequency in the search mode. The database shows 155.31 also for Lea County with a site at Maljamar. That would be in radio range from Artesia (based on the Maljamar MegaLink repeater coverage). But I've never heard anything on VHF from Lea County on my trips to Hobbs, only the EDACS system a few years ago.

Sorry for the sketchy info, but I was driving and taking only brief notes (freq/tone/NAC) in the search mode on the scanner. Wasn't able to play radio full time on this trip.

baseball214

Update:
158.865 NAC 555
153.77 NAC 555
These frequencies are the previous Roswell Fire repeater pair. I was hearing them in the mobile around Artesia, so I assume they are both repeater outputs, as I doubt I could hear a mobile that far away. (Unless I was hearing the control station on one and the repeater on the other.)

155.3025 NAC 130 is a mystery. There don't appear to be any nearby FCC licenses for this in SE NM. The same radio (GRE PSR 600) picked up Lincoln County on 155.31 analog just fine, so I'm assuming the correct frequency in the search mode. The database shows 155.31 also for Lea County with a site at Maljamar. That would be in radio range from Artesia (based on the Maljamar MegaLink repeater coverage). But I've never heard anything on VHF from Lea County on my trips to Hobbs, only the EDACS system a few years ago.

Sorry for the sketchy info, but I was driving and taking only brief notes (freq/tone/NAC) in the search mode on the scanner. Wasn't able to play radio full time on this trip.

153.770 is input for repeater on 158.865. It's Roswell Fire department repeater 1.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
El paso TX county has a couple sites extending into Otero county. You won't hear much unless one affiliated to the 2 sites. None the less they are encrypted and do use a few frequencies that are also licensed to Lincoln County. So keep that in mind as one may hear that and not valid Lincoln County traffic.

As said before a few southern counties are slowly migrating digital. It isn't the last step either with it once everyone in those counties gets the hardware in hands.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
That's normal in lots of places. The database can be nearly useless in some places.

True but the switch just occurred in Chaves recently thus making the info dead to ear but the old frequencis in analog are still operational if needed and the repeaters are up still for them.

Eddy is also going p25 fully inevitably.

Motorola has been working in area past couple weeks down in southern NM, as well as advanced.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Update:
158.865 NAC 555
153.77 NAC 555

Lincoln is analog still. Kenwoods, some Motorola, Kenwoods on the uhf pacs as Otero has uhf pacs for the mesa also. Recent upgrades has Lincoln going with NX Kenwoods with p25 ready. Otero has Motorola APX, new Bendix kings rolling out with p25 capability.

Eddy is rolling out APX and Kenwood p25 depending which entity it is.

Lea does maintain the vhf channels but mostly for outside agencies to get a hold of central. They run a p25 system that's encrypted for most part including some city services. This is the coming trend for south NM.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
DB is created by users. If it isn't right, help fix it!

Roswell might have gone to a P25 VHF trunked system.

Conventional VHF currently for some time.

700 was looked at or rather discussed once state goes 700mhz on the south but that may be down road as some APX 8000s were issued out and tested.

To date all programming for the NMSP system that is out in field is done by the state itself and they won't allow anyone else to touch it besides who their contract is with or state IT so the local shops are SOL with that indefinitely with SP programming, locked up tight. So if they wanted the SP system they'd have to hand in or rotate everyone to have it in their radio which was seen as doable down road on shift rotations and equipment maint down time.

As for some saying 700 won't work on the hills have no fear, multi band equipment allows one to keep trs in the flats and utilize their VHF in P25 on the hill. It's been looked into and District had tested the VHF channels in digital some time back. There is a few VHF repeaters for SP around D8 on the Sac Mesa but currently idle but can be switched on.

DEPS

My issue is, I cannot program the new NAC’s into my mobile kenwood transeiver. I was given the correct codes and NAC’s for the Departments by the Chiefs of the departments, but cannot find where to plug them in.

Roswell Fire Repeater 1 is on the same frequency just needs the NAC, same goes for the SHERIFFs Department.

If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
My issue is, I cannot program the new NAC’s into my mobile kenwood transeiver. I was given the correct codes and NAC’s for the Departments by the Chiefs of the departments, but cannot find where to plug them in.

Roswell Fire Repeater 1 is on the same frequency just needs the NAC, same goes for the SHERIFFs Department.

PM me and I'll help.

If you don't have PM privilege yet email me storagea90@gmail.Com

It's my bulk and junk mail place but I'll keep eye out for you. Don't want to give my agency email out here.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator

What Kenwood radio are you using? Is it P25? There is more than just programming in a frequency and NAC on a P25 radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.