P25 in Wisconsin...curious as to how many counties have gone digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey, i was wondering, anyone happen to know just what the state of digital (P25) is in WI? In chatting with some folks i know locally, i seem to get the impression things are going along VERY SLOWLY. I do know Lincoln County hase gone P25, as have some other counties around the state recently. But i am a bit curious, what excactly is the state of things P25 digital in Wisconsin? Thanx! N9NRA

bwoodfire45

Premium Subscriber
p25 digital

Yes I can tell you that Lincoln is offically set up and using digital along with Menomonee Co. Langlade Co is still half digital, and half analog yet. It is moving VERY slowly but progress is being made. In case you were wondering how I know its because I work for a Motorola dealer in central WIS.

AxelsHumanDad

Yes I can tell you that Lincoln is offically set up and using digital along with Menomonee Co. Langlade Co is still half digital, and half analog yet. It is moving VERY slowly but progress is being made. In case you were wondering how I know its because I work for a Motorola dealer in central WIS.
you should fix the bugs in the Langlade(digital) system then, it barely works. ;-)

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber

Intrestig there, as i also live in central WI (Wausau area), and i`ve been listening to Lincoln County on digital for some time. The other reason i was asking is i`m closely following Marathon County, should be kinda cool when this county goes digital, Personally i kinda wish they would have also gone trunked, that way i can really make my `396T work. Thanx! N9NRA P.S. i`ll be sending ya a private message in a short, got a question to ask ya off the boards.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Actually i`ve been monitoring Lincoln County for some time in digital, and they don`t sound half bad from here (Marathon County), all i`m using is my `396T with the stock antenna, and it really works rather nicely IMHO :). Where are ya recieving them from, terrain might be a factor here too. N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.