p25 lubbock

Status
Not open for further replies.

lild806

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know if texas dps or tabc actually use the p25 800 MHz system in lubbock I remember them having channels on the old edac system just never heard them that's why im wondering

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
They have do talkgroups on the P25 system (I do not know what they are). I believe their primary dispatch is via conventional VHF in the area though (possibly from the tower in the TxDOT AO yard at Hwy 84 and I27).

lild806

Premium Subscriber
I know I’ve heard them on like the Lubbock police or sheriff channels I was talking about the channels listed in the database for tabc and dps on the 800mhz p25 system

Ensnared

Yes, I am seeing six talk groups on the P25 system for DPS/TABC. I supposed one way to find out is to go to DPS and review their numbering system. In the past, I have used the numbering system, but the following indicated they are changing these. If you hear any of these numbers, it might be a good place to start.

Texas DPS Numbering

Project25_MASTR

Look for IDs in the 14 million range to start with. DPS really pushes their statewide interoperability ID scheme and most municipally owned Harris systems don't tend to utilize it where DPS radios on those systems typically do. 14M is for SPAG.

Pages 23-25 on this document have the "official" ID scheme (of which most major P25 systems utilize). Most ID's are typically the same for the unit regardless of the system (unless the system manager specifically provides a reason why the standard ID plan cannot be used).

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Look for IDs in the 14 million range to start with. DPS really pushes their statewide interoperability ID scheme and most municipally owned Harris systems don't tend to utilize it where DPS radios on those systems typically do. 14M is for SPAG.

Pages 23-25 on this document have the "official" ID scheme (of which most major P25 systems utilize). Most ID's are typically the same for the unit regardless of the system (unless the system manager specifically provides a reason why the standard ID plan cannot be used).
Every DPS Troopers Radio ID, I've heard and logged with Unitrunker, has been in the 5 million range. Usually on the FWRRS but also on the Denton County System.

Project25_MASTR

Every DPS Troopers Radio ID, I've heard and logged with Unitrunker, has been in the 5 million range. Usually on the FWRRS but also on the Denton County System.

You are correct. DPS is 5M. Other SPAG agencies would be in 14M. I don't often deal with DPS (they have their own radio shops where many smaller agencies go to vendor shops) so I sometimes forget where they come in with IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.