P25 Manual vs Auto? - Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Hello:
I noticed my local Sheriff had a small trunk system that looks like it's for testing right now. The live system is still VHF.

The department is Placer County, CA. The system is called Placer County West Dispatch (Simulcast of ....). I believe it's transmitting the same info from the main sheriff dispatch on VHF.

I am using Win500 and a Pro106. I imported the system from RR into Win500 and assigned it a scan slot. I noticed it was receiving something because I set the LED and alerts but I was not getting any Audio. I have a Uniden home patrol and it was receiving this TG with audio so I knew it was something wrong in the Pro-106 or the system programming.

The system imported as a P25 Manual. On a whim I changed to P25 Auto and I got Audio.

What is P25 manual versus Auto?

Thanks,

Kevin

n5ims

From Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

P25 MANUAL - for Motorola 700/800/900/VHF/UHF Project 25 systems where it is necessary to manually set the channel table information or if you wish to use the default table data (for 700/800/900 MHz systems).
P25 AUTO - for most Motorola 700/800/900/VHF/UHF Project 25 systems that send channel table information over the system control channel.

Basically set it for P25 Auto unless there's a specific need to use P25 Manual (e.g. things aren't working correctly when set to Auto).

brumey

Got ya....

I wonder why it imported from RR as P25 Manual? I only have one other system to compare to and it imports as MOT 800/900 and works fine.

I noticed the Placer system had a custom Frequency Table:
Base = 161.000
Spacing 6.25
Offset 4095

Could this be the need to set it to P25 Manual? If so, I wonder why I fail to get Audio when set to this?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Kevin

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Got ya....

I wonder why it imported from RR as P25 Manual? I only have one other system to compare to and it imports as MOT 800/900 and works fine.

I noticed the Placer system had a custom Frequency Table:
Base = 161.000
Spacing 6.25
Offset 4095

Could this be the need to set it to P25 Manual? If so, I wonder why I fail to get Audio when set to this?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Kevin

If a system has the frequency table it has rebanded. You must enter the table to track the system.

brumey

As I imported from RR and used Win500 to program the radio, the frequency table was set, correctly. It's the mode P25 auto vs manual that confuses me. After the import it comes in as a P25 manual system. Unfortunately, no audio but it does stop on a channel when there is traffic.

I changed to P25 Auto and got audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.