P25 on DNR Enforcement 159.465?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles37

All - for the last couple of hours I've been hearing bursts of digital modulation on the DNR VHF enforcement channel (159.465). It sounds like P25 although I haven't managed to confirm that yet. Can anyone confirm if P25 is being used on this channel, and if so if it's DNR CO's that are using it?

Thanks, David

jerk

All - for the last couple of hours I've been hearing bursts of digital modulation on the DNR VHF enforcement channel (159.465). It sounds like P25 although I haven't managed to confirm that yet. Can anyone confirm if P25 is being used on this channel, and if so if it's DNR CO's that are using it?

Thanks, David

The FEDS have a push on for P25 radios, in fact it is tough to get a grant with specifying P25 radio, the US Forest and related agencies have/are switching to P25, and since DNR gets many grants from the US, that is what they are getting, plus it allows inter-ops with the Hoosier National Forest. Both being on VHF.

aliby19

Feed Provider
davidwild, Please check you pm box. You have mail.

Tim -- FYI, the RR forums will alert people when they have PMs, so telling someone you PMed them in a forum post is kind of redundant.

Also, if you have any information related to the question at hand, could you post it for everyone? I'd be interested to know what, if anything, you know about P25 on the VHF DNR Enforcement channel as well.

Thanks!

pickles37

So on a quick look through the FCC ULS I'm not seeing any Indiana licenses for 159.465 with anything other than 20K0F3E and 11K2F3E, so I think that means it looks like any digital on this frequency is "unofficial". I'm just wondering if it's someone to do with the superbowl from someone else, transmitting on "their" frequency?

W9NES

Thanks but I did send him a pm and I had no info to share with him.If I do post anything I will make sure that I do *Share infomation* with others. I do submit infomation all the time.Had nothing to do with what he was asking.Thank You.

jerk

So on a quick look through the FCC ULS I'm not seeing any Indiana licenses for 159.465 with anything other than 20K0F3E and 11K2F3E, so I think that means it looks like any digital on this frequency is "unofficial". I'm just wondering if it's someone to do with the superbowl from someone else, transmitting on "their" frequency?

Due to narrow-banding requirements, and the fact they are buying/requiring p25 radios, DNR has digital and uses them. Licensing... since the FED's provide the radios, who cares... it is a valid frequency, just not the proper emission, the end user doesn't really know the difference. And the FED are licensed under a a different agency.

Oh, many of the radios are field programmable, I watched a DNR employee program his radio on the side of the road because he didn't have the right PL tones programmed in to communicate with a local FD.

One additional point, Conservation Officers have both 800 MHz and VHF in their vehicles.

jerk

Here is a post off of a FED website

"All VHF-FM Radios on Aviation Contracts to be P25 Digital by January 1, 2010
An interagency group consisting of operations, technicians, contracting, and management representatives has decided that all interagency aviation radios will be P25 digital compliant by January 1, 2010. Mobile and portable VHF-FM radios, if offered or required by contract, must also be P25 digital compliant."

Status
Not open for further replies.