p25 on sdr#

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord-sadler

hello everyone, I'm new to SDR world so please bear with me!
I want to address a problem I had with my SDR# with p25 encryption, when I listen to any P25 conversation , I uses tetra modulator on SDRSHARP running on windows7 , it decodes the frequency but I cant hear the conversation, only the encryption, is there any way to decrypt it so that I can hear the conversations clearly?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

ronenp

Tetra and p25 are different protocols and tetra demodulator cant decode p25 system and im not aware of any software that can decode encrypted traffic

lord-sadler

Thanks for reply
How to know what kind of encryption is in the frequency I'm trying to listen to?
like I said I'm new to RTL/SDR world:rolleyes:

boatbod

Thanks for reply
How to know what kind of encryption is in the frequency I'm trying to listen to?
like I said I'm new to RTL/SDR world:rolleyes:
Encryption or Codec Format?
P25 can be IBME or AMBE encoded, and it can simultaneously also be in-the clear (algId==0x80) or encrypted (algId<>0x80).
For the most part you are not going to be decrypting anything, but you can use the correct codec and hear unencoded P25 transmissions.

lord-sadler

Thanks for your reply,
Using SDR# and TETRA plugin, i managed to decode the traffic, but unfortunately it was encrypted, is there any way to decrypt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.