• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 "Out Of Range" Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

toutzen

Good evening forum members,

I have recently been tasked with programming our new G5 pagers for the fire department. We only received 4 as a test bed (1 for myself in communications to play with, 3 for the chiefs). Due to some of the complexity of the programming, I used a neighboring department's G5 pager image and reversed engineered the settings. I have not touched the P25 system at all, but have added conventional channels and modified message tones and 2 tone protocols. I have reordered some of the channels in the groups with the exception of the 2 P25 Trunking - in those I only renamed the channels.

Now to my problem - When I loaded the profile for the neighboring department as a test, the P25 channel worked without fail. It scans for ~5 seconds and connects RFSS/Site 10/10. I migrated their profile to fit our current G5 model (it does support P25 trunking) and made the above changes. After switching to the P25 Trunked channel, it scans until time out and I receive an "Out Of Range" notification and cannot receive any traffic. Without having changed the protocol or any previous P25 settings, why is this happening?

I am scratching my head over this. Thanks!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I noticed this on LWIN when I was in Bossier City for the last 3 weeks, normally I do not monitor the Shreveport Site but the Bossier City site went into site trunking one day and so I put the Shreveport site in and bam out of range on the G5 even though DSD was seeing it, turns out the RFSS and Site weren't being broadcast by the site properly, not the funny thing is even using wildcards it wouldn't work, so essentially a system issue

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Common issues are the RFSS and site are both in HEX.. So if you have a system that is 10/10 it would be A/A in the software.
ON the pager it will show 10, but in the programming software its an A.
Other common issues are not programming in all the control and alternate control channels. Motorola has 1 primary and 3 alternates But other systems like Harris will utilize all frequencies as alternates and primaries.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Good evening forum members,

I have recently been tasked with programming our new G5 pagers for the fire department. We only received 4 as a test bed (1 for myself in communications to play with, 3 for the chiefs). Due to some of the complexity of the programming, I used a neighboring department's G5 pager image and reversed engineered the settings. I have not touched the P25 system at all, but have added conventional channels and modified message tones and 2 tone protocols. I have reordered some of the channels in the groups with the exception of the 2 P25 Trunking - in those I only renamed the channels.

Now to my problem - When I loaded the profile for the neighboring department as a test, the P25 channel worked without fail. It scans for ~5 seconds and connects RFSS/Site 10/10. I migrated their profile to fit our current G5 model (it does support P25 trunking) and made the above changes. After switching to the P25 Trunked channel, it scans until time out and I receive an "Out Of Range" notification and cannot receive any traffic. Without having changed the protocol or any previous P25 settings, why is this happening?

I am scratching my head over this. Thanks!
What system and site are you trying to add to the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.