P25 "out of repeat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3TVNEWS1

Hearing DPD can go out of repeat, how is this possible with the P25 simulcast? What would be a work-around?

N

N_Jay

M3TVNEWS1 said:
Hearing DPD can go out of repeat, how is this possible with the P25 simulcast? What would be a work-around?

Its easy if the system is designed to allow it.

I assume by "Work-around" you mean how do you continue to listen.

Go to the input and hope it is close enough.

If it is trunked, you are screwed.

M3TVNEWS1

cc

so simply using the control channel method would be no good, i will need to program ALL of the system freq's (no just the cc) and search all channels when the radio goes off the repeater? assuming i'm in the close proximity

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I believe What they are doing, is taking the talkgroup out of "repeat mode," so the other cars, and the news media can't hear the traffic they have to relay. However, this might be their terminology for going to a "private call." More research is needed to verify what exactly they are doing. That being said, I do know that sometimes on the old 453 MHz system, the dispatcher would leave their mics open and the patrol car's audio would pass directly through to their headsets, without the other cars being able to hear the message. Are you hearing something similar taking place when the car asks them to be taken out of "repeat mode?"

73's

Ron

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The digitals have 'zones'

It can be set up so the first zone is used for their local TGs.
Other zones are used for other uses, like event TGs.
Example: I think event tgs H are in zone H while G events are in zone G.

Other zones are for use without a tower site (simplex). I think these are called 'I-tac.'

Don't take any of this as fact. It's been a while since I last used a digital.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
ff - none of that has anything to do with this issue...

I heard them when I was testing the scanners a while ago, it was as N_J says. The only way around is by entering the INPUT channels (not the repeater channels) and scanning in conventional mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.