P25 phase 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

My scanner is the SDS100 . I believe I should be able to receive the P25 system correct as long as I am in range! I am picking up the conventional Channel , not getting the p25 cannot understand any Ideas? This is 1 of my favorites list.

scooter1968

Canelo, you will need to go to the RR database, go to your state and county, it will tell you if your system is either P25 or conventional......good luck

KO4IPV

Canelo, you will need to go to the RR database, go to your state and county, it will tell you if your system is either P25 or conventional......good luck
I have researched that and the county is Polk county in Florida, what I can tell is it is both:

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Which specific system and services are you attempting to monitor? It's quite possible you are trying to monitor encrypted transmissions, for example.

KO4IPV

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Not wanting to make assumptions: Before you do anything else, be sure that you have updated the database in the SDS100 via Sentinel. Read from the scanner, then update the database and then write the full database to the radio. The reason for this is to ensure your radio is synched with the system's current configuration for talkgroups, etc.

"Polk, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto Counties Public Safety" info is at Polk, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto Counties Public Safety Trunking System, Regional, Florida - Scanner Frequencies
It looks like most of Polk county is not encrypted, so you should be able to pick those up. Some of the talkgroups are encrypted such as DeSoto County Law Enforcement and the Highlands Sheriff. You won't be able to monitor those. That system is listed as P25 Phase 1. Your SDS100 can receive Phase 1& 2. It can also decode DMR and NXDN with paid upgrades.

Can you see that you are getting a signal on the display while it's scanning the above system? The coverage area is shown on a map here: Polk County Simulcast Site Details (Polk, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto Counties Public Safety) Since this is Phase 1 Digital you will not hear anything unless you have a decent signal. Maybe try another location?

Also, where did you see the TDMA reference? (you should also be able to receive those)

KO4IPV

It must be my signal because I was driving in that area just a couple days ago and could pick up audio From several different frequencies from my homebase in my favorites list monitoring only get EMS conventional

KO4IPV

It must be my signal because I was driving in that area just a couple days ago and could pick up audio From several different frequencies from my homebase in my favorites list monitoring only get EMS conventional
When I was in the area I wasn’t using my favorites list just scanning with GPS at home base using favorites list and quite a bit of distance from that area

Status
Not open for further replies.