P25 Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
When putting in the control channels and let's say there are 4 of them do you put the last one in first and then the 3 one and 2one and then the first one or does it not matter.

Also, the are several other freqs. that are in black do they need to be put in. Or will the control channels find them.

It's for Niagara County (NY) freqs. It's for a GRE PSR500 scanner
PLEASE e-mail me if you would: reallard5276@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tech2

RKG

Control channels in any order.

No need to program voice channel frequencies.

marksmith

The above is correct, however it does no harm that I have found to just enter them all.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

nd5y

If you're smart you'll program all the frequencies not just the red and blue ones. Some systems can use any of the frequencies as a control channel.
If you don't have all of them programmed and the control channel changes to a frequency that isn't listed in the db as a control channel then you will wonder why you can't receive the system any more.

ONLY a Harris System uses all Frequency's no need to add them from a Motorola System just the RED and BLUE Control Channels

troymail

Silent Key
For P25 simulcast systems of any vendor, I find that if the control channel (or channels) is (are) fairly stable, you're better off trying to limit the number of site frequencies programmed as much as possible (i.e. only program the known CCs). This is even more important if/when there are a larger number of system frequencies and/or multiple sites. For simulcast systems, scanners tend to struggle to hold onto the CC and the more frequencies you have programmed, the longer the radio will take to try and recover when it loses lock on the CC.

Of course, the downside is if the system/site is unstable and/or rotates through and uses all of the systems frequencies at one time or another - then your only option is to program all of them. There are other "creative ways" to do both - for example, program the system twice - once with the known CC frequencies only and have the second copy of the system with all frequencies programmed. You can then control which copy you're monitoring with scanlist assignments.

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
Have all the proper freqs. in the scanner but I still do not hear anything, (PSR500) Could this be a scanner location such as moving it to a different place one side of my desk to another side. did that also still do not hear anything. Ups up////

troymail

Silent Key
Have all the proper freqs. in the scanner but I still do not hear anything, (PSR500) Could this be a scanner location such as moving it to a different place one side of my desk to another side. did that also still do not hear anything. Ups up////

Two questions - did you program talkgroups as well and assign them to a scanlist? Is that scanlist enabled?

If you are receiving the control channel properly, you should see a blinking inverse 'T' on the display with a fairly regular and consistent blinking pattern.

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
I had it done by some tech people who said it work at their place, it does stop on the channel(s) and it does talk very rarely but the tech's tell me to move it around, I even hooked to my scanner antenna outside. nothing I am lost I am going to try just taking for a ride in the car and see what happens. will get back to you in the am or pm 9/1/17

Thanks for the help so far

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
No change to freqs. listen I took the GRE PSR500 for a ride and No didn't even hear the freqs. I have talked about thought maybe a change in location would help. I did everything I am supposed to and still nothing. Don't know what to do. It's the Niagara County Freqs. I am trying to listen to. Niagara County Public service Band, (NY)

usswood

That is a simulcast system... you need to look up (on these forums) how to decode a simulcast system...they are tricky to decode with an older scanner like the 500

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
Can someone direct me to the Simulcast System form so I can learn how to program my GRE Pro500 Scanner to this system or does someone on have to the step by step instructions.

Thanks in Advance

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
A simulcast system consists of multiple sites that are IDENTICAL to each other. They have the same site ID numbers, the same control channels, the same frequencies, the same talkgroups, and they're synchronized to each other and carefully calibrated so that their signals are identical to a very high degree of precision, including exact operating frequencies and deviation/modulation depth.

You only have to program for any given site in a simulcast cell. The others are identical and if the system is working properly you'll never know when you cross from the coverage area of one site to the coverage area of a neighboring site.

My county runs nine sites in three simulcast systems. Each simulcast system has three sites in it.

From a programming perspective, I only have to program for three sites, not nine.

Tech2

Premium Subscriber
Can I program P25 and conventional freqs. in the same scan list or do they need to be separate, this again is the simulcast for Niagara County NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.