P25 Phase-2 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomChapman

In a P25 Phase-2 trunking system there are two TDMA voice slots per frequency. Are there any radios, Motorola or whoever, that allow you to program a fixed frequency and a fixed slot number so you can hear the audio on that slot. Kinda like conventional mode with a 2 slot digital twist.

Any scanners do this?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Not that I am aware of in either case. That may be something that could be included in some RF test equipment as the technology rolls out.

TomChapman

3 years later.

I asked this question three years ago. I am still interested in this topic and in finding a radio that can monitor a single slot of a phase-2 P25 frequency.

Here is where I am going with this request:

Right now if I want to monitor a phase1-P25 trunking frequency and hear every call on that frequency, I can buy a P25 conventional radio and program it for that frequency. And this works.

What I want to do is the same thing, but with phase2-P25. My idea is to have two radios for a single frequency and program them with the same specific frequency, but program one radio to monitor slot 0 and other radio to monitor slot 1.

Are there any radios (or scanners) from any manufacturer that do this?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
No. Phase II is currently only a trunking feature and is not available on conventional channels.

About all you can do is run two instances of dsd+ and select the audio from each individual timeslot.

Status
Not open for further replies.