• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 Phase 2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I have Unication G4 pager and I have programmed several systems into the pager including my regional Motorola P25 system which is phase 1, the county north of me has a Harris P25 system with 2 layers a VHF simulcast system and a newer 700Mhz simulcast phase 2 system which they are eventually going to transition to and shut down the VHF layer with that being said I have it programmed in my pager and only have a Wild card Talk group programmed in so I can hear everything, I got a new battery and have it charged but for some reason it will monitor the system and then the Unication Screen pops up and resets it self I am wondering if I need to add some talkgroups or if anyone else has had this issue thanks

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I use my G5 on several Phase 2 systems, from both Moto and Harris with no issues.

Can I assume that the Phase 1 system still works with the new battery?

What exact P2 system are you trying to monitor?

Yes my regional P25 Phase 1 system I have no issues and the battery is fine and I have mutiple talkgroups programmed to each knob position and the phase 2 system is in its own knob position with a wild card TG but not a seperate zone I have other systems in different knob positions so could that be the cause?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yes my regional P25 Phase 1 system I have no issues and the battery is fine and I have mutiple talkgroups programmed to each knob position and the phase 2 system is in its own knob position with a wild card TG but not a seperate zone I have other systems in different knob positions so could that be the cause?
You can program a separate system in the same zone. Obviously it has to be done in a different knob position.

You didn't answer what specific system you are trying to program - could be helpful info.

K6LEH

Premium Subscriber

Joe- so it’s crashing and rebooting? That is not normal and should be reported to Unication.

Les

Yes that’s what happens it crash’s and reboots but it’s only this system when I try to monitor it, I have replaced the battery, reimported the code plug and it happend again, it’s not the primary system I listen to but I do listen to it if I travel north of the county I live in I can only receive it if I travel closer to Washington County I am on the fringe of reception

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Joe- so it’s crashing and rebooting? That is not normal and should be reported to Unication.

Les
IDK, it only does this on one system. The other system he monitors are OK. Sounds more like a programming issue.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I am assuming that the 700 overlay is on the air and carrying traffic, and you are in range.

Is there any way you can provide screen shots of the relevant pages of the 700 system in your PPS?

The 700Mhz overlay is on the air and is broadcasting what’s on the VHF system, I believe it’s going to be awhile before the system users get new radios that work on the 700mhz system, I have heard once everyone is on the 700mhz system the VHF system will be shut down and where I live I am on the fringe so I have to drive about 10 miles to receive I will try to make a video of what the pager does when I am on that particular system

I am not currently home but will try to get screen shots I am thinking it’s a programming issue as well because alll my other systems work flawlessly

K6LEH

Premium Subscriber
Haha, Yeah I guess, I would still describe that as a bug that Uncation should be informed about. If anything they would know that a user can program a pager to crash.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I am not currently home but will try to get screen shots I am thinking it’s a programming issue as well because alll my other systems work flawlessly
I looked at the RRDB data for the 700 site. To me, the RFSS and Site numbers look odd - can you verify that they are correct? They are unlike any pattern I've seen with Harris P25 multisite systems, but might be designed to integrate with nearby jurisdictions. But then again, I've never monitored a Harris system with an overlay network; only adjacent sites in the same band (700/800 are essentially the same band as far as the radio is concerned,) like this one:

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I looked at the RRDB data for the 700 site. To me, the RFSS and Site numbers look odd - can you verify that they are correct? They are unlike any pattern I've seen with Harris P25 multisite systems, but might be designed to integrate with nearby jurisdictions. But then again, I've never monitored a Harris system with an overlay network; only adjacent sites in the same band (700/800 are essentially the same band as far as the radio is concerned,) like this one:

I believe so,

Status
Not open for further replies.