BCD436HP/BCD536HP: p25 phase 2,programming 436hp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyGuru_34

Premium Subscriber
I just got this scanner today,
and i'm having hard time programming it. Right now i have it auto find frequencies using zip code.
When i program the scanner with p25 setup do i enter the control frequency then the TGID number? or just TGID? i'm new to this digital scanner hobby.

D

darunimal

to program A TGID, you need A Favorite List, A System, and A Department & A Site (with Control Channel (CC) Frequency).

D

darunimal

DMA FAVORITE LIST, System Outline for the BCD436HP & BCD536HP
Favorites
System
:: System Attributes
::: Department (Site)
:::: Site Frequencies
:::: Other Attributes
::: Department (TGID Grouping)
:::: Department Attributes
:::: TGID
::::: TGID Attributes

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_Multi-Site_Trunking lower half
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_Scanners_Systems,_Sites_and_Groups lower half
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Dynamic_Memory_Architecture
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

LazyGuru_34

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much.
i got it working finally,but i just want to hear the three frequencies i want to listen.
Do i need "ID Scanning" enabled? because i'm picking up talk group that i don't have program. (confused)

D

darunimal

three frequencies would refer to (analog) convention, three TGIDs you program and you just want to hear those ID SCAN is perfect, ID Search is to pick-up everything else or hunt and find TGIDs you don't have programmed.

Both Freqs and TGIDs can be refered to as Channels, but we try to keep from using Channel to avoid confusion.

jkmail

Got a?. Which may be dumb but I am learning this Scanner and been getting frustrated all day. I can add the talk groups . I think I got it figured out on this ?. If I add the group it adds many sites that I do not want to scan. So I deleted all of them , Dumb move, So then kept a few that was near. I figured out they have frequencies. I guess that site must be active for a talk group to be picked up. Am I correct ?? Just finding the right ones is a headache. Also can one be created and frequencies added in. Thanks , I'm learning.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Most all of us started out knowing nothing, so don't feel alone. With time, patience and experimentation, I'm sure things will all fall into place.

While undesired sites can be deleted, I'll typically either Avoid them or assign them to a different Quick Key than what is used for my "close by" sites.

I'm presuming you are scanning a large statewide trunked system. For you to hear a given talkgroup, you must be in reception area of a site and the given talkgroup has to be affiliated with that site.

In those large statewide trunked systems, talkgroups are usually assigned to a "home" site and may be allowed to affiliate with other sites or they may be prohibited from affiliating with other (as in "non-home" sites). It's all depending how a system is configured by the administrator.

The best bet is to program any site which is in your area. Then program all the talkgroups you wish to monitor. The scanner does a pretty good job of taking it from there.

If you want a long-winded explanation, read on.

What happens is your scanner attempts to receive the control channel for each site (excluding those avoided or have quick keys off). When the scanner receives the control channel, it "listens" to the data stream. The data stream includes information such as the TGID and the voice frequency for active or "granted" channels. The scanner will look to see if that TGID is in your list of talkgroups that you'd like to monitor. If it finds the TGID, the scanner tunes to the voice frequency and you hear the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.