P25 Phase 2 TDMA Encrypted Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
My BCDx36HP’s are not skipping over encrypted voice on P25 Phase 2 TDMA talkgroups. It will stop on the talkgroup and I hear the digital garble for the duration of the transmission. The display will still show PT0 or PT1, and will never display ENC.

I would expect it to react the same way as on a P25 Phase 1 system where it pauses briefly, displays ENC, and then continues scanning. If I hold on an encrypted P25 Phase 1 talkgroup, it displays ENC, but mutes the audio.

I would prefer not hearing the digital garble, and causing the scanner to stop on digital garble for the duration of the transmission during scanning. Is this behavior on P25 Phase 2 systems by design or due to some technical restriction on P25 Type 2 systems? Any chance of changing this behaving on future firmware? Anyone with me?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The best way to fix this issue would be just to take out all of the Encrypted talkgroups off of your scan lists.

Not sure if you are just using ID Scan and have it turned on so you just scan the talkgroups that you have turned on and programmed.

Make sure you turn off ID Search is turned off. It looks like you just downloaded the database to your radio and started to scan.

I would go through your system and delete all of the encrypted talkgroups and you will never hear them again.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I always listen in search mode, this way I can catch new talkgroups. I usually just avoid channels that are always encrypted, and that solves it most of the time.

My problem is when a talkgroup is used for both encrypted and in the clear. I don't want to hear the garble when it is encrypted, but is DO want to hear the audio when it is in the clear.

Long story short, I want it to act the same way for P25 phase 2 as it does for P25 phase 1 talkgroups.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Curious what system are you trying to receive?

Looks like its going to be a give and take situation. Looks like you won't be able to have it all since all of their encrypted talkgroups are not fully strapped at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.