SDS100/SDS200: P25 Phase 2 Unit Ids display about 70% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjm2001

Is it just my radio or is this a firmware issue that the Unit IDs on a P25 Phase 2 system only display about 70% of the time. It works fine on a P25 Phase 1 system like they have in Colorado but the P25 Phase 2 systems in Amarillo and Lubbock Texas don't always display the unit id especially if you pick up in the middle of a conversation. If you catch the stat of the conversation it works fine. If its a firmware issue hopefully there will be a fix soon.

bkramm

My 536, SDS100 and SDS200 all do as described in the original post.
Guess I will have to pay more attention when I am in an area where the signal is
stronger. The RSSI at home is in the -90's range.
Parking on a channel seems to help a little but still don't always get the UID.

Ubbe

Older systems only sent the UID info on the control channel and you could "hijack" a conversation using another radio. Newer systems mostly also sends the UID on the voice channel and Uniden just recently had a firmware that could decode that info from the voice channel. It probably isn't finalized and will for sure have problems with some systems. As long as the time are long enough between one user drops his PTT and the other starts to transmit so that the conversation leaves the voice channel and pause on the control channel, you'll always see the UID if you are holding on the site. If the system are setup to do transmission trunking the conversation always goes to the control channel after each PTT are released without any delay and UID would display correctly pretty much every time on a trunked scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.