P25 Phase II TDMA control channel tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

I searched but had not seen any thread in relation to this question and Uniden Scanners. Has @JoeBearcat or anyone from Uniden stated if a firmware update to include P25 Phase II TDMA control channel monitoring was in the works? I have seen on the scanner guys podcast that Joebearcat commented and hinted to a firmware update coming to the SDS series in the near future. I ask because of having the new Duke energy system with TDMA control channel online near me.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I wouldn't hold your breath. JoeBearcat has posted a lot of comments over the past year and a half, and so far little to nothing has come to fruition. If you read his most recent posts, a common theme keeps reoccurring, which is that the Uniden engineers in Japan don't seem to pay much attention to him or his requests (he represents Uniden America, not Uniden Corporation).

All of the firmware released over the past year, except for one obscure bug fix for the BC125AT, affects new production only, where some board level components have changed. If the engineers at Uniden are paying attention to Uniden America, they sure are taking their sweet time getting things done.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Or perhaps it is what I have been saying - the engineers are currently busy with keeping current models working and available for sale and have not had time to address many firmware issues for the past year+.

Fact: There is a a new model that is long overdue for release. I don't know the reason for the delay but some have speculated it is a supply chain issue. That seems a reasonable conclusion since the field testing is complete save for one issue the higher-ups say is resolved.

Fact: There have been a number of hardware issues that have been addressed. I made no secret about wanting those resolved BEFORE firmware which can be changed in any unit that is already in the field. Not only was this not a secret, I specifically posted that plan. No, at the time I did not acticipate a massive overhaul of nearly every model nor did I anticipate supply chain issues.

Fact: The engineers have been working on a serious bug that affects digital decoding at certain frequencies. There should be a resolution to that soon. AFAIK that bug has always existed.

Fact: I don't know everything that goes on in Japan. So, judge credibility of what is or is not happening accordingly when someone else tells you what is or is not happening.

I believe my input IS taken seriously. Just because other things have priority should not be any indication lower priority things are not important.

Now, back on topic. P25 Phase II control channel support is something I have mentioned to HQ. I have not heard a firm commitment to adding it on any models as yet. But it will have to be addressed at some point in some way.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I know the vast majority like yourself do. There are some who like to grind axes and there are some who like to rib me about things in good fun.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Fact: The engineers have been working on a serious bug that affects digital decoding at certain frequencies. There should be a resolution to that soon. AFAIK that bug has always existed.
any more details on this bug?

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
any more details on this bug?

I am currently trying to find one of the beta testers who can test the revised firmware. They do seem to have identified the issue and believe they have corrected it. If there are no beta testers who can test, I will push for a public beta (should be able to do that since UPMan did it).

ngel

I am currently trying to find one of the beta testers who can test the revised firmware. They do seem to have identified the issue and believe they have corrected it. If there are no beta testers who can test, I will push for a public beta (should be able to do that since UPMan did it).

If your looking for a beta tester sign me up I'm interested

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I will have to check the current team to see if how many such systems are within range of them. For reference what state is Pasco Co in? Texas?

ngel

I will have to check the current team to see if how many such systems are within range of them. For reference what state is Pasco Co in? Texas?
Florida Tampabay area I am within range of a few busy systems.

1 -P25 phase 1
1 -EDACS
1- P25 phase 2
1 -Motorola Type 2 analog 900 mhz (Duke Energy)
1 -new Duke P25 Phase 2 TDMA control channel when it goes online

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Florida Tampabay area I am within range of a few busy systems.

1 -P25 phase 1
1 -EDACS
1- P25 phase 2
1 -Motorola Type 2 analog 900 mhz (Duke Energy)
1 -new Duke P25 Phase 2 TDMA control channel when it goes online

I think this is in reference to a decoding problem with systems above 171Mhz. or along that line?

Status
Not open for further replies.