P25 / Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Hello Fellow Scanner Dudes,

Quick Question: Is there a way to Identify which 1 of the 5 P25 towers you are receiving from?

The following information appears in analyz mode in the P25 Talk Sys / group.

The two "flashing" rows

% N1D0 W: BEE00
Sy: 1D9 R001 S062

Thanks for the inf / reply,
TigerScan

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Anderson P25 System

My bad guys, forgot to state Anderson, SC P25 towers / System.

Tigerscan

ecps92

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Yes

System = 1D9
RFSS = 001
Site = 062
NAC = 1D0 for this Site, each site might have it's own NAC

Hello Fellow Scanner Dudes,

Quick Question: Is there a way to Identify which 1 of the 5 P25 towers you are receiving from?

The following information appears in analyz mode in the P25 Talk Sys / group.

The two "flashing" rows

% N1D0 W: BEE00
Sy: 1D9 R001 S062

Thanks for the inf / reply,
TigerScan

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's easy to get the notion of "tower sites" and "tower locations" confused. Semantics is important here.

Regarding the Palmetto P25 (1D9) system, there are multiple "tower sites." There are 3 or 4 sites in the Charleston area, one in Beaufort County, 1 in the Columbia area, and one in the Anderson County area. These are listed in the database page with their corresponding frequencies.

Some of these "tower sites" are of the simulcast variety. The primary Charleston site, the Beaufort site and the Anderson site are all simulcast sites. They are made up of multiple "tower locations" that all transmit on the same frequencies. This results in what appears to be one big "site" covering a large area.

From a radio's point of view, there is no way to tell which "tower location" the radio is receiving its signal from when monitoring a simulcast site. They all "look" the same from a radio's point of view. It's all the same signal at the same exact time. Most likely, you're receiving signal from multiple locations simultaneously. This is what confounds our consumer-grade scanners when monitoring these simulcast P25 sites.

Hope that helps.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Brian

You answered my questions very well. I though that was the case regarding over all tower "site"

I had mapped out individual tower "locations" from my home with compass direction and distance based on there individual gps locations. My goal was to "point" a yagi at the tower I could isolate the most.

my distances rang from 12 miles to 22. Just my luck the two with the greatest distances are the ones on each end of the compass degree.

Thanks,
TigerScan

LarrySC

Page 15 of the Upstate Scanner Frequency Directry shows the FCC Tower #, actual height, Twr Owner, and tower location, either exact or by street address. The bad part is, I put up a $300 2- Headed Viper antenna on a rotor and I still cant hit it. My closest tower is Piedmont and I have to drive in that direction until I get a signal. I've settled to getting it on-line. do dah.

Status
Not open for further replies.