P25 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlanglais

Hello. I have been having some difficulty receiving my local PD (Hudson NH) on my new HomePatrol scanner. It is a digital frequency 159.2175 NFM NAC 470. I am hearing the mobile units just fine, but when the station transmits it comes in all garbled. I know it isn't the antenna or location, because I am using both the antenna that came with the unit, plus a mobile antenna mounted on my car. I have tried everything to correct this problem, setting everything to Auto along with every other combination of settings. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

kzav

I believe Hudson is using encryption on its dispatcher transmissions. I can hear the mobile units on my 996xt, but the display shows "ENC" when the dispatcher transmits. I don't think there's much you can do to change that on your Home Patrol, although it might have a setting which will allow you to mute the encrypted transmission so at least you don't have to listen to the noise. I'm not sure if it has that capability or not.

Tlanglais

That's what I was afraid of. Figures this town would do something like that. Won't mute it though. Sometimes it actually comes through. Thanks! I was hoping that maybe there was a shadow frequency that I could enter to maybe solve this problem, but if it is encrypted that probably wouldn't help either

NYRHKY94

FYI - Hudson PD only uses encryption on a limited basis for sensitive operations (a handfull of units). The vast majority of the patrol units are still in the clear, and you'll hear both sides of the day-to-day stuff under most circumstances. Been this way for quite some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.