P25? Robertson County and Hill County

billpritjr

Hello Folks

I have checked the databases and the info seems dated. Does anyone have current info as to whether Robertson County and Hill County, have switched over and are actively using P25 trunking ?

Thank you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello Folks

I have checked the databases and the info seems dated. Does anyone have current info as to whether Robertson County and Hill County, have switched over and are actively using P25 trunking ?

Thank you
No idea on Robertson. I do not see a license listed in the FCC data that is for a public safety trunked system in that county.

For the Hill County system, there was one TGID entered back in December. While I'm too far away to confirm, I suspect that one or more additional TGIDs might be in use. If I were going to be in, or near, to Hill County, I'd run their new system in ID Search mode to see if anything has been added. See this post, which mentions a possible fire talkgroup. Another TGID was mentioned a few posts after that one. There might be others by now, but I don't think there's that many members in that area to check it out.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Robertson has been P25 conventional for quite some time. They don’t have any licenses for 700 but that would be the way to go if they ever did. The Brazos Valley Council of Governments is almost entirely on their little slice of TxWARN that they consider the BVWACS, save for Robertson and Leon Counties. A search for a new site in the 700 band may reveal something, as these large systems in the 700 band are known to use state license frequencies which are not nailed down to an individual site.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Just for reference, BVWACS is the Brazos Valley Wide Area Communication System. Once upon a time, it was its own separate system (used by Brazos County SO/Constables/VFD and Bryan PD, FD and Public Works), but it was later replaced by TxWARN.

As for Robertson County, SO and Hearne PD are VHF P25, while everything else is analog.

texaskeystone

Premium Subscriber
Hill is moving super slow. Their new system encountered huge dead spots in the northeast part of the county and they had to approve, appropriate and order an additional repeater site in that area and figure out what tower that could jump on.