P25 Scanner almost silent in Catawba co

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinnc

I had my pro106 scanner setup on wild feeds with the 5 tower frequency's in Catawba county, it stayed
very active but this year it's almost dead. I know they were considering going to P25 phase II but
everyone I talked to says nothing has changed. Could it be that the main tower frequency's have changed?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If its a trunked system make sure you have ALL frequencies programmed in for each site. People saying to just put in the CC only causes a lot of problems when those control channels frequencies change and people are left SOL.

By having all frequencies for a site programmed you'll never have a problem if something changes unless a brand new freq is added.

If its conventional check and make sure the NAC hasn't changed if you have it programmed in and locked down.

chuckinnc

Thanks I think I found the problem

There are three viper towers in my county all were on 850mhz but the one on my side of the county went
to 770mhz frequencys, plugged in the new control frequency for the tower close to me and now back to normal,

drayd48

Oh yea. Wish I had seen this sooner. One of Catawba's towers switched to 700 MHZ to open up some space on the 800 MHZ band

Status
Not open for further replies.