BCD436HP/BCD536HP: P25 Setting Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sck

Programming my 436 for a P25 system. What are the setting for P25 Waiting, P25 Thresh Mode, and P25 Thresh Level? What circumstance would cause the need to change these from the defaults as assigned in ARC536?

marksmith

The 436 on auto will within a second tune to the best settings for the system.

The only real reason to change is if you want it to start receiving at certain settings instead of letting the radio take a second. This is usually only because the settings for the specific system are way out there. The auto setting starts at 8 and adjusts from there.

Lots of systems are right there. I have seen some at 10, but the radio generally makes the adjustment very quickly.

You can use these settings to absolutely fine tune your monitored system.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/others

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Each system is completely different. The settings you use will depend on the systems you want to monitor and where you're at.

Some like Mark seem to be happy with auto 8 while many others have to find the unique setting that works for them. For some auto 8 works fine others it doesn't.

Some say higher some say lower. I find manual 7 is best all around for me in Virginia. Auto 8 doesn't work well on STARS or other P25 systems I've encountered with lots of breaking up and poor reception.

Others say 10 or 11 works best for them.

Its a crapshoot. Set up your scanner so you can monitor reception and then change the threshold one setting at a time to see what gets best readings. Once you have it then set your systems up accordingly.

DMR is best at manual 5 from what I've seen posted and works great for me but again it may be different for you.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I too have found no "one size fits all". A scanner user may need to do some experimenting to discover which settings give the most satisfactory results on the system they are monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.