P25 Single Freq Trunk System ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooney

I cannot get the System Hold Time to change on my 996xt. I have set it as high as 255 sec and it still acts as if it were set at zero. Has this feature been disabled? It works on all other systems ok.

spooney

That is correct, but it is not working. Any setting I set it at it still zooms past that site while scanning. If it were working correctly I would see it hold on the display for the time set in the menu. Every setting is as if it were set to Zero. Seems to be disabled.

spooney

For give me but I have to ask when you manually go to the channel does ot make noise???

Control Channel noise? No. The system is a Motorola Astro that has channel ID's and RID's using a single freq setup. Everything is working as it should except the site HOLD TIME seems to be disabled and the NAC codes cannot be entered because the menu is setup incorrectly for entering them on a per site basis. As it is now you can only enter one NAC code in the System Option menu.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Site hold time is working on my desk sample. I put in 250 and, while I did not time it out, it is sitting on that site for a long time before quickly checking the other enabled system(s).

spooney

Site hold time is working on my desk sample. I put in 250 and, while I did not time it out, it is sitting on that site for a long time before quickly checking the other enabled system(s).

That's on a P25 Single-Freq Trunk System (P-1FQ)? Why would mine react differently? All my other type systems the HOLD TIME is working properly.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Mine does the same thing. I never noticed it until now. This happens with both my 396 and 996

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, the first time I tried it on a 396XT.

Tried it on the 996XT in my car, it worked (but didn't have 1.04.00).

Brought it into the office and updated it to 1.04.00...and it doesn't work.

Seems to be a confirmed bug.

spooney

Actually, the first time I tried it on a 396XT.

Tried it on the 996XT in my car, it worked (but didn't have 1.04.00).

Brought it into the office and updated it to 1.04.00...and it doesn't work.

Seems to be a confirmed bug.

Ok, and when you submit that to the tecs have them look at putting the NAC codes feature under the Edit Site menu instead of its current location under Edit System Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.