BCD325P2/BCD996P2: P25-Single Frequency

jeklyng

Hello all,
Got a quick question about a county Sheriff department single freq. Below is the screenshot from RR. It looks like they are using just a repeater for their communications. However they have an analog and digital freq (I am assuming that the analog is backup if the digital goes down). Their digital freq says P25 mode. How would I program that in a BCD996P2? Conventional Freq -> Enter Freq -> Digital only -> search P25 type?

Capture.PNG

Seems like the more complicated stuff like trunking, I understand better. I might be over complicating this, and possibly just be a stupid question.

Any help would be apricated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    196.4 KB · Views: 5

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Personally I'd program P25 & analog as separate conventional channels. Set the P25 NAC to search at first and once you determine the NAC in use, set it. Create another channel for the analog if you've confirmed it's still in use. If you keep it as one channel then you'll likely hear digital emissions bursts before each transmission until the scanner determines emissions are P25

jeklyng

Personally I'd program P25 & analog as separate conventional channels. Set the P25 NAC to search at first and once you determine the NAC in use, set it. Create another channel for the analog if you've confirmed it's still in use. If you keep it as one channel then you'll likely hear digital emissions bursts before each transmission until the scanner determines emissions are P25
Ok thank you for the help. How would I do that using the ProScan software? Is the NAC determining a digital tone squelch?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you for the help. How would I do that using the ProScan software? Is the NAC determining a digital tone squelch?
In ProScan, click on a channel in the tree then in the Audio Type column, select Digital for the Audio Type then choose the NAC in the Digital Options. Click the OK button. Write to the scanner when all the changes have been made.

jeklyng

In ProScan, click on a channel in the tree then in the Audio Type column, select Digital for the Audio Type then choose the NAC in the Digital Options. Click the OK button. Write to the scanner when all the changes have been made.
Ok got it. This one doesn't have a NAC, so I will leave it to search.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok got it. This one doesn't have a NAC, so I will leave it to search.
Once you can determine the NAC being used, and can edit your file to reflect that, please submit an update to the database.