P25 Site Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Is it necessary to add all of the site frequencies for the counties you want to listen to. Since the PSR-500 is limited to 32 per talksystem? Using Win 500

Thanks for any advice.

troymail

Silent Key
Is it necessary to add all of the site frequencies for the counties you want to listen to. Since the PSR-500 is limited to 32 per talksystem? Using Win 500

Thanks for any advice.

Generally, you only need to add the primary and alternate "control channel" frequencies (red and blue in the RRDB listings) for each site -- assuming the information is correct.

You *could* but *should not* combine frequencies from multiple systems or sites into a single system/site.

I believe there is a design limit of < 32 frequencies per site so if you're seeing something that is showing more than 32 frequencies for any signal site, the data is probably suspect at minimum.

For any given system, you may want to start with ONLY the site that is closest to you (don't program all site for large, multi-site systems).

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, My old programming was done by a friend and he had scan lists 1-10 setup by county. then 11-
2 state, 3 carroll, 4 benton, etc, 10 white so i was trying to re create the setup just under P25 instead of the old 800mhz system
20 was specific to tippecanoe county

Status
Not open for further replies.