P25 system..home patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone else having issues or have had issues with getting the P25 systems to come in on the home patrol1?
I have most recent updates and everything as of monday..I am getting all law talk except the 2 main police in the 2 towns i live and travel in that are both p25... i actually get the county sheriff dept from the town i don't live in crystal clear but zero on P25...
just wondering if there is maybe a user error on my end that has P25's turned off? or something? on the bow and product description is says gets P25 .. but so far I have yet in 2 weeks to get a single bit of chatter off a P25 system.. BTW i get EVERYTHING else county fire EMS everything thats NOT P25... and its crystal clear and I am using a howler external antenna.. everything else that comes in is CRYSTAL clear ...
IDEAS?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
is anyone else having issues or have had issues with getting the P25 systems to come in on the home patrol1?
I have most recent updates and everything as of monday..I am getting all law talk except the 2 main police in the 2 towns i live and travel in that are both p25... i actually get the county sheriff dept from the town i don't live in crystal clear but zero on P25...
just wondering if there is maybe a user error on my end that has P25's turned off? or something? on the bow and product description is says gets P25 .. but so far I have yet in 2 weeks to get a single bit of chatter off a P25 system.. BTW i get EVERYTHING else county fire EMS everything thats NOT P25... and its crystal clear and I am using a howler external antenna.. everything else that comes in is CRYSTAL clear ...
IDEAS?
John,
I presume you're still having troubles with TxWARN P25, based on your previous posts.

It may be a programming issue (service types) or not getting the correct sites loaded. Not getting the correct sites and/or systems loaded is common when there is an error in the location entered, or incorrect range used. You say you are using a 'howler' antenna. Did you mean Hustler? Which model antenna, and is it one that favors a certain band, such as Vhf or 800MHz? Also, is your location very near another transmitter, such as a cellular site?

If you are using a Favorites list (as opposed to just scanning the full database), see if you can export that list and post it, so someone can take a look.
File->Export to hpe file
then choose the list, and give it a name, noting where it is getting saved on your pc.

To attach it to a post, you'll need to either 'zip' it, using a file utility such as WinZip or the free 7-Zip , or rename the file to something that can be attached. Since the *.hpe file extension is not an allowable file type to attach to a post, you'd simply rename it to change the extension. For example, if your exported file was "Longview.hpe" (without the quote marks, of course), you would simply rename it to Longview.txt or Longview.hpe.txt in Windows Explorer. Then, the renamed file can be added to a post as an attachment.

If you are using the full database, not a Favorites list, then I'd suggest trying a Favorites list specifically for what you want to hear. That way you can ensure that the sites & systems you wish to monitor are loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.