BCD436HP/BCD536HP: P25 System Not Heard on Uniden BCD436HP (Chicagoland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVRLTDE

Premium Subscriber
So I've been an analog listener for some time but this is my first real digital scanner. I live in the city of Chicago and have no issue scanning any P25 systems in the area, however, I would like to scan areas near my old University in Romeoville, IL in neighboring Will County. It seems that I cannot get any radio traffic from any talkgroups in the Will County P25 Trunked System. I don't know if I am programming my scanner wrong, if I am missing any information, or if I simply am too far away to pick up any transmissions.
I set the System to "P25 Trunk"; I put in the two sites shown on the RadioReference "Will County (P25)" page and their frequencies in the order provided; and I finally put in the appropriate TGID.
If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
My guess is you're too far from the control channel freq coverage for any Will Co stuff. You CAN probably hear ISP5 out of Joliet since they consolidated dispatch out of Chicago, I can hear them using Starcom21 Site 149 even up north.

NVRLTDE

Premium Subscriber
My guess is you're too far from the control channel freq coverage for any Will Co stuff. You CAN probably hear ISP5 out of Joliet since they consolidated dispatch out of Chicago, I can hear them using Starcom21 Site 149 even up north.
I haven't tried District 5 yet but if that is true then this may be possible. The bars showing connection for my scanner are nonexistent but every so often when I scan that list I get maybe one weak bar before it disappears again

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You probably need a better antenna then. The factory whip isn't all that spectacular.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I might just try again after looking through the attached link just to be sure
What you're trying to hear is already programmed in the database. Make sure the database in the scanner is current, and try that before making favorite lists.

NVRLTDE

Premium Subscriber
What you're trying to hear is already programmed in the database. Make sure the database in the scanner is current, and try that before making favorite lists.
I'll have to see if it's current. I found it in the database too and sat there for several minutes with no traffic either.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Would the manual explain how to export my favorites list into an hpe file? I'm unsure how I would go about doing so.
Export to hpe file (favorites list) is under the File tab on Sentinel. Once you export the file, right click on it and send to a compressed (zipped) folder which you will be able to attach to your post.

NVRLTDE

Premium Subscriber
Export to hpe file (favorites list) is under the File tab on Sentinel. Once you export the file, right click on it and send to a compressed (zipped) folder which you will be able to attach to your post.
Thanks! I'll try that out when I get the chance and attach it here

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I live n Joliet in Will County and receive the first tower fine , the second tower is inBraidwood are too difficult to hear...Will Co system is more tailored to the central and southern part of the county so if your north of Romeoville you will have trouble....You can monitor Romeoville on T 113 or T102 of Starcom

NVRLTDE

Premium Subscriber
I live n Joliet in Will County and receive the first tower fine , the second tower is inBraidwood are too difficult to hear...Will Co system is more tailored to the central and southern part of the county so if your north of Romeoville you will have trouble....You can monitor Romeoville on T 113 or T102 of Starcom
That's probably it then. I live north of Romeoville and I guess that would figure why I can't get any traffic from any agency around that area. What I haven't had the chance to do yet is to actually head out that way and see if I can pick up anything the closer I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.