P25 System SDS100 Setup Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecducec

Feed Provider
I see the other two threads I started are now closed. I just wanted to give an update on what worked for me on the P25 Phase 2 system for picking up police, fire and ems on a scanner.
I ran on the TRX1 for a while with constant simulcast distortion after trying all the "magic" tricks and getting pissed about the distortion the Uniden SDS 100 just came out and so i broke down and dropped the $600.00 on the scanner. The sentinel software didn't work so i used the ARC536 Basic to get it programmed. I used and old Windows XP laptop and connected a line in cord to the mic port from the scanner. This gave a noise free connection. Also i run the power to the radio Not from the USB port on the laptop (it caused feedback noise) but from a seperate power adapter to the scanner power port. I keep both on an APC 800 watt battery backup. No battery in radio or laptop. I also keep my internet on battery backup and if it goes down i use my cell hotspot to get the feed back up and running. With just the scanner and an 800mhz ducky from Whistler I now have the great scanner junky feed that can be found here:
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/25081
I usually get 30 - 80 and up listerners daily. As well as myself. And have been in the top 50 feeds several times on broadcastify. The SDS100 has been up and running for less than a year now and is 98% clear. I still get a little simulcast distortion and usually a reboot of the radio clears it up.
Im about 5 miles from the tower but it usually shows full bars on signal strength.
I fought with cheaper scanners and the SDS100 was the clear winner in this case. I hope other scanner enthusiasts will find this post helpful. If you have any questions I will try to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.