p25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

I am getting really mad at my scanner .I live in Charlottle NC .Thy keep on saying that thy will be moving over to digital .I have a bc796d .I have been testing it .I get them sometimes and then I get NFM P25 LNK .When I am not use Digital it sound sweet .When thy do switch to Digital will this LNK stop ?
Thanks for your help and time .
Chris

Digger

It could also be the MDT or CAD terminals. Depending on the system you may be able to lock out talk groups, if its a single channel P25 trunk system you would need a 996/396 to lock out the talk group.

stephend

BC796D Problem

Soundman

I had a problem with my BC796D a while back. It was different than your problem, but it could boil down to the same fix. Please read the below listed thread link. This relates to updating your BCi card firmware.
Even though my card was updated, it must have gotten corrupted somehow. I also remember getting this "NFM P25 LNK" readout during the problem. I hope this helps.

Stephen

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...oppy-reception-strong-signal.html#post1484411

Soundman

Thanks for the feedback do you know the link for the update for the digital card that my be my problem.

stephend

BC796D Problem

Chris,

Just wondering if you found the problem yet?

Stephen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.