P25 Talkgroup ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed a Motorola digital trunked P25 system into my pro-96. I can heard the conversations of the system, but the talkgroup ID does not appear to indiciate which TG is active. How do I get the TG to show? What am I doing wrong? I have a another Motorola 800mhz type II progammed and it works great.
Please Help.

Jersey

consigliori

During scan mode (while the scanner is stopped on a trunked talkgroup call), the text button should switch from Alpha text tag to trunking ID display. Hope this helps.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
It did not help. Like I wrote earlier, I am getting no ID nor alpha tag of the TG that is talking. Pressing the text button did nothing but sound a low beep. Thanks for the help though.

Jersey

LEH

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner stops on a frequency, what does the top right hand most item in the display say?

If it says ANYTHING but 'MO', then you've programmed the system wrong.

You can also manually go through the frequencies you've programmed in and when you reach the control channel ('motorboat' sound), check the display. It should say 'MO' and should not be locked out.

If you do not set the system up as a trunked system, it will scan as a regular system and stop only on an active frequency. But because it does not know the system is a trunked system, it will not display system ID info.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
When the scanner stops on a frequency, its displays -dg in the upper right hand corner. I have set the control channel on MOT Rx Mode and have unlocked it. The rest of the channels (5) in the system I have on regular FM mode. Let me see if this works. Thanks LEH. Anymore suggestions, please feel free.

Jersey

Highpockets

When the scanner stops on a frequency, its displays -dg in the upper right hand corner. I have set the control channel on MOT Rx Mode and have unlocked it. The rest of the channels (5) in the system I have on regular FM mode. Let me see if this works. Thanks LEH. Anymore suggestions, please feel free.

Jersey

Where are you located, state, county, town, and what system are you trying to listen to?

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
The system is in New Jersey, Hudson county, city of Bayonne, public safety system, open-air apco p25. I also live there.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
Ok, now I have put all the frequencies on MOT Rx Mode and closed the system. Now the talkgroups come up but I have lost the audio. If I reverse everything, I get audio and no TG diplay. Back to the drawing board.

Jersey

Highpockets

Ok, now I have put all the frequencies on MOT Rx Mode and closed the system. Now the talkgroups come up but I have lost the audio. If I reverse everything, I get audio and no TG diplay. Back to the drawing board.

Jersey

I don't know that scanner, but, when you set up the rx mode, isn't there a apco25 choice?

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
No there isn't High, Im using Win96 to program. The modes it gives me to choose from are AM, FM, MOT, CT, and DC. The owners manual says to put the Rx mode on MOT for apco 25 systems.

Jersey

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
I have entered talk groups and alpha tags in the system. The systems works perfect on my Bearcat, but not my pro-96.

Jersey

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did say one thing wrong. I forgot the 'DG' for the digital system, but that is the correct display. The other channels should be set to 'MO' (the 'DG' stand for digital and shows up when the radio is decoding a digital signal on a Motorola system).

The PRO-96 will automatically detect and decode the 9600 baud signals, no special setting (like the 396 or 500).

I'm not sure why you lose audio when it starts to track the system.

What I'd recommend is delete the system and start over (or just reinstall it in another bank as a test). Follow the instructions in the owners manual on page 33.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
Lyn, Ive tried entering the same system manually from the manual and still have the same problem, the TG ID comes up, but no audio. Also Ive noticed something odd, I see frequencies coming up with the TG ID that are not part of the system I programmed. So where I stand now is the TG's are displaying, but no audio. If I reverse everything, I get audio and no TG ID's. What the heck is going on here?

Jersey

consigliori

Jersey,

If you manually monitor the control channel, what system information and reception % do you have at the bottom of your screen?

Also,
Do you have the latest firmware?

Grasping at straws here but trying to think of something that might help...

consigliori

Jersey,

I looked up the system you are trying to trunk and it is a 400mhz APCO system. I've only ever monitored the 800mhz systems so I don't know if there is any difference.

The RR database also says that it is CPQSK phase one modulation. The early pro-96's could only demodulate C4FM (www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtscan1203.pdf). What is the production date of your scanner?

I'll keep looking and let you know if I come accross anything else.

D

DaveNF2G

400 MHz systems require the entry of the correct trunking table information. They do not track "automatically" based on CC data like systems on 800 MHz. You need to find out the base frequency, offset, and step and program those in, too.

N8IAA

Ok, now I have put all the frequencies on MOT Rx Mode and closed the system. Now the talkgroups come up but I have lost the audio. If I reverse everything, I get audio and no TG diplay. Back to the drawing board.Jersey

Have you put the bank in MOT mode? Not having ever programmed a 400mhz system in my 96, not sure what to do. There is no custom table info on this system in RR. Enter the red control channel as well as the blue alternate CC's. See if this makes a difference. Also, post in the New Jersey forum. Someone there might be able to give you better info on what to do.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.