P25 Threshold For Elkhart/Stjoe County

osolo58

Premium Subscriber
I recently brought at Uniden BCD996P2. I was wondering if anyone might have any clue in what the P25 Threshold for Elkhart County as well as St Joe County so that I can hear things a little better. At times it seems like it goes digital and I know that is a system thing and not a scanner thing that I can fix but there are times I hear things crystal clear with no issue.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone might have any clue in what the P25 Threshold for Elkhart County as well as St Joe County
Welcome to the RR forums. Counties don't have specific threshold settings, this is dependent on your location relative to two or more simulcasting towers. What you are experiencing is a phenomenon well discussed on the forums known as simulcast distortion. The scanner may decode fine in one area some refer to as a "sweet spot" but move it around somewhere else and you may lose the decode. You can try the mitigation methods in the wiki I linked, they may or may not work. Ultimately you'd be better off with an SDS100 or SDS200 if this is a system you intend on listening to frequently

osolo58

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Counties don't have specific threshold settings, this is dependent on your location relative to two or more simulcasting towers. What you are experiencing is a phenomenon well discussed on the forums known as simulcast distortion. The scanner may decode fine in one area some refer to as a "sweet spot" but move it around somewhere else and you may lose the decode. You can try the mitigation methods in the wiki I linked, they may or may not work. Ultimately you'd be better off with an SDS100 or SDS200 if this is a system you intend on listening to frequently

Thank you for the quick response. As well and the knowledge