P25 Transmissions gets cut-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Greetings, I am using a BCD-536HP, Firmware= 1.26.00. Today i saw 3 CHP cars outside my office window and actually heard the & dispatch on 769.4437MHz (Red Extender). The display alternated between P25 & LINK during the transmission. The audio sounded a bit distorted, and seemed to cut out before the end of the actual transmission. Quite often it sounded as if the transmitting unit was being "covered" by another unit.

I also listen to San Mateo Count which is also P25 and it is completely clear. Is there something software wise that I need to do to improve the CHP transmissions on P25? Also odd that I can hear CHP on their P25 extenders, but I don't hear them on their 42.xx mobiles.. Thank you

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Could it be you have some type of priority turned on which is cutting out transmissions to listen to a priority channel? Also possibly close call or weather priority?

P25 and LNK are normal. LNK means the scanner is receiving unmodulated carrrier, where P25 means it is modulated carrier that is P25.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is this one of those "all of a sudden it started doing that" situations or did it gradually creep up? "All of a sudden" would suggest a button was pushed that could have started something like close call - just bumping a knob can start close call, without realizing it.

wtp

"covered by another unit" could have been the car outside transmitting.
not on the channel you were listening to , but another.

tkenny53

things that I have notice, more digital systems seems to transmit voice, start and or cut right on the edge, you maybe hearing the digital voice ran through the repeater/computer system., thus just voice is heard. As to analog tends to send at the mic keyed until released,

Status
Not open for further replies.