P25 trunk system listed the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=5138

I don't think that system has anything to do with a statewide plan. From the look of the license for those frequencies WPZD918, it is for the State Prison in Warren. I took a tour of the facility a few years ago with a class. From what I remember, the guards had Kenwood radios, TK-280s and TK-2140s I think (I was a little more worried about getting shanked than what radios the guards had). It may be an LTR system. I didn't bother to bring my Pro-97 on the trip and the college was out of range so I was never able to confirm anything.

There are other licenses for 154.680, 155.715, and 155.940 as base/mobile frequencies at the prison. Below are all the licenses that are listed as being associated:
KNCH462
KNDR549
WPPG497
WPVB878
KNBA653

Also, from the info I have seen around, Maine will upgrade to a conventional digital system, not a trunked system.

Maybe someone in the Warren area can confirm the frequency usages?

On a side note, you can find some of the best mullets in the State Prison in Warren.

ChrisC2479

I have read the plan from the state for their new radio system and you are correct that it is a VHF P25 Conventional system. I'm not sure where the person who posted that system in the database obtained their information. I have e-mailed the site admins and asked them to remove it from the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.