DSDPlus P25 Trunking Private Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I have yet to figure out how to listen to private (radio to radio) calls. These are not encrypted calls.

I am sure it is simple. Maybe monitor threshold?

Please advise. TIA.

Currently DSD+ FL 2.89.

Attachments

• DSDPRIVATE.png
    DSDPRIVATE.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 98

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
You should able to hear them. Tgt= Target Src= Source. They use RID not TalkGroups to call someone. Texting is same way by using RIDs.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The default for RIDs is 50, his Threshold is 38. A talkgroup (Target) below the Threshold would allow a radio (Source) set at 50 to be heard but when it is a private call, it blocks it since the Radio (Target) set at 50 is above the 38 he set.

Reconrider

The default for RIDs is 50, his Threshold is 38. A talkgroup (Target) below the Threshold would allow a radio (Source) set at 50 to be heard but when it is a private call, it blocks it since the Radio (Target) set at 50 is above the 38 he set.
I know how to get private calls, I've gotten a few, but I keep seeing online that dsd can get text messages also. How does dsd show them?

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is no "normal". It depends on what you want to hear and what you don't want to hear. Everyone is different.
For example, you may want to monitor FD but no PD 24/7. You set the FD under the threshold and the PD just above. If you heard FD talking about something police related and you want to monitor all the PD groups, you increase the threshold. If it is just one PD group, you can lower the priority for just that group.
I look at all the groups in the system and assign numbers to the groups based on monitoring all the time, some of the time, and never. Then within those ranges, I look at the all the time group and decide who is a high priority monitoring target and make them the lowest. In the end, I want to be able to control as much as possible
I rarely see private calls so I have left the RIDs alone but the same applies. If you want to hear the private calls, have the threshold above 50 and the option turned on. If you don't turn it off. If you want to hear certain ones, have the ones you want to hear below and the ones to ignore above.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
What system are you expecting to see them on? The CT Statewide system does not use them.
The Event file is similar to what you see on the screen in the Event Log. It might be labeled 1R-DSDPlus.EVENT

chris

Reconrider

What system are you expecting to see them on? The CT Statewide system does not use them.
The Event file is similar to what you see on the screen in the Event Log. It might be labeled 1R-DSDPlus.EVENT

chris
Ya I wasn't sure if clmrn used text messages. People kept asking me about it and I knew how it worked on DMR but never actually seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.