P25 Uniden Vs RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusco25

I never got nothing but Uniden Till last week, And I got a Pro-197, HOLY CRAP.. The P25 sounds 200 times better.. The decoding I get from RS scanners blows any Uniden I ever owned.. Is there any setting that can make the 396xt sound anywhere as good as Pro-197-106.. This is so clear it is insane.. With Uniden it would sound at times wild and digital.. With RS scanner it is 100% clear... WTF is RS doing that Uniden is not?

DJ11DLN

My 197 and Pro-18 are much the same. When they're playing against a friend's 396xt it's always night-day difference. His is a great little scanner and the audio is quite understandable, but just more natural-sounding and easier to comprehend coming out of the RS stuff. You might find that they are somewhat more sensitive too, and of course that has a downside, as you will sometimes get more intermod and other garbage with them.

Everything I've seen so far seems to indicate that it is just the nature of the beast. Uniden may come out with a firmware or DSP update for your scanner at some point to help things. They build some great stuff, I am not bashing them. But I'm awfully happy with my RS scanners. And to give credit where it's due, RS did not build those scanners...Grecom built 'em! :D

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've owned both, and I'm not so sure it's a difference in volume/loudness level, as it is tone. The GRE/Radio Shack scanners seem to have a little more treble, where as the Uniden scanners have a little more bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.