P25 x2/phase ii (whatever) in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

With (Phase II, I think) eventually being implemented by the NJ PSIC and Camden County trunked systems, I have been giving thought to future monitoring of them.

Since I recently acquired my 3rd scanner (PRO-106), I'm not planning on purchasing a new scanner for that explicit purpose. I have read that DSD can be used with possible gyrations, to decode these systems.

I looked at the wiki, but following some of the links was confusing. At this point, the total of my knowledge is that DSD must operate with Linix, not windows, and possibly along with a program Imbeleb (spelling?).

So, needless to say, I have a long way to go. I'm wondering if some plan to follow this route, and can shed any light on how to go about accomplishing this.

I realize that not having an active system to test against is a negative.

So, all thoughts, references, etc., are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Amp

Edit: Just read this in the PA forum:

Motorola Solutions Awarded $37.2 Million Contract from Bucks County, Pennsylvania for ASTRO® 25 Interoperable Communications System

Project 25 (P25) Phase 2 Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)-compliant radio system addresses narrowbanding requirement and will be available to all public safety users

Edit 2: Just checked and see that the 2 systems are to be X2 which can be decoded by DSD. Bucks will be Phase II

Last edited:
DSD can only be run on Linux systems. Hopefully that will change in the future. The other software package is mbelib. If I understand correctly, mbelib is what does the actual conversion of the P25 audio. I played around with DSD a bit using a portable on simplex. Seemed to work ok.

ampulman

DSD can only be run on Linux systems. Hopefully that will change in the future. The other software package is mbelib. If I understand correctly, mbelib is what does the actual conversion of the P25 audio. I played around with DSD a bit using a portable on simplex. Seemed to work ok.

I'm not concerned with Phase I systems, as I have a PRO-106 and a BCD396T. According to the DSD Wiki, it will decode X-2 systems.

Interestingly, about a year ago, I downloaded DSD, not knowing that it was Linux only. I could load and run it, but I never really got into the program. Strangely, it took over my serial port, so I deleted it.

Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.