• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 xts2500 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffmedjoe

I'm programming a xts2500 and I'm having a hard time loading our encryption data on it. We have a whole 1 encrypted channel. With my kenwood 5210 it was easy just select encryption and enter the code instead of the pl and done. It's a conventional setup.
I just can't seem to figure out this p25 on motorola.
Thx

ffmedjoe

Nope not yet, I figured I'd ask here first. The radio wasn't purchased through motorola and I know in the past they've given ppl a hard time

sfd119

I'm assuming software encryption, yes?

Radio Config> Secure> Secure Configuration. Check "Secure Equipped" and do any options there.
Then in your "Secure Personality", click the Secure tab and do your options there.

Edit: I see you must be from Wisconsin. I'm in Northern Wisconsin if I can be of any further assistance to you.

sfd119

Right, you need to have a personality for Secure. So create another Conventional Personality. Within that Personality, we'll call it 28, set your secure options. Then create a "Secure Channel" in Zone Channel Assignment and assign it Personality 28 for secure.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Not with ADP Software encryption.

If ADP exists on the secure board, and yes it is available that way, he would need a KVL with the appropriate flash to keyload it. But I would assume that ADP is not the type that he is looking for as the Kenwood he noted in his first post will not do ADP but was previously programmed and used on the system.

The PID box in Secure Wide of the CP needs to be checked so he can load a key with a KVL. That is a common oversight when keyloading a Motorola radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.