P25RX Bluetooth connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Just received my P25RX and have tried several firmware versions but cannot get my OontZ Angle 3 Ultra speaker to connect. It might not be compatible with the P25RX or I am doing something wrong. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Other than no Bluetooth connection I'm really happy and impressed with the receiver.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Are you putting the p25rx in pairing mode by pressing the button twice?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Is 'enable Bluetooth on startup' (or however its worded) checked in the software?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm fresh out of ideas then haha. I haven't came across a Bluetooth speaker that wouldn't link to mine yet. Perhaps Todd has some insight @btt

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Yes
After many tries and about to give up I opened the receiver and looked at the board under a microscope but did not see any obvious bad connections or missed solder pads. I put the board back in the case and plugged it in, hit the Bluetooth connection button twice and it connected to my battery powered Bluetooth speaker so all is good for now.:)

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine.

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it working. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine.
Just getting started and learning but took it on a mobile run today and really happy with it. Running it on Maryland First P 25 System for now, I tried using DSD plus but never had much success but my P25RX is happily logging and mapping the system.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I've had a pile of scanners and sdr's, but so far this is my favorite one. The audio decode is just better than anything else I've had. It's simple and it works.

btt

Banned
Banned
I found the initial pairing usually works best if you power the speaker up first (initiate pairing on the speaker if necessary), then start the pairing mode on the P25RX. Once the devices have paired, then the P25RX / speaker should connect on power up if the P25RX "enable Bluetooth" option is enabled. I wonder if your speaker requires that you put it in pairing mode by pressing a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.