P25RX Configuration Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
I currently listen to Chester County Emergency Services P25 Phase 2 Simulcast System in Pa. I monitor 3 control channels/sites in the roaming mode. My question what is the best configuration using "Switch Control Channel after "X" amount of inactivity" and "Talk Group Time Out".
Thanks

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I leave my switch control channel set to 0 so it uses the idle status bit. Think my talkgroup timeout is 250 or 300ms. I was playing with the feature to enable/disable roaming with the button yesterday for a bit. It seems that if you are hearing traffic from a system/site and disable roaming while receiving it will stay on that system/site. I believe I also saw an option in another menu to always revert to the home frequency when not roaming. If it works like I think it does this would be handy when monitoring multiple systems as you can pause on one system while not pausing on just a singular talkgroup. I only had a few mintues to play with it yesterday but I'm going to try it again.

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
I'd be interested in the answer to this myself. I think it depends a lot on how the users you listen to respond to calls. If acknowledgements are just with PTT 'click", you might miss a lot if set too fast. Striking the balance between staying on a channel/TG long enough not to miss replies and interesting traffic and moving on to another call appears to me to be highly dependent on behavior of the users on the systems you monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.