P25RX Firmware Updates / Testing

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Went back to 01-05 1304.

Priority works for me with the higher values in this version. There are a few occasions where it does not interrupt. I observed far more issues with Version 1329 not interrupting. Just an FYI. Thanks.

I'm using 2020-11-06 1342... sorry if I gave you some bum info. If it makes you feel better, I'm not getting any interrupt on this version with the higher values. I'll try moving up to a newer config.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
Off topic question, are there any Chester County PA users out there?
I just want to know what you are able to monitor other than the Chester County Emergency Services system and PA-STARNet P25 system (nonencrypted). with the P25RX. You can PM me if you want

btt

Banned
Banned
Sounds good. I look forward to testing it out. I have quite an extensive list of IDs to add so I'm sure if there are any hiccups I will find them. (y)
The latest version ( 2021-02-20_1916 ) has a basic RID/Alias editor working. Let me know what you think.

Yes. I see it checking the CC's that I entered into the roaming flash, however, I don't see it checking all of them. Unless it is going through them faster than it shows on the top right. So in summary, all I am seeing are a few of the frequencies in the roaming flash from one system (designated as primary in the startup config) and neither of the 2 from the second system.
There may still be issues with the latest versions and scanning. Does it work if you set the roaming value to > 0? Hopefully, I will be getting back to improving the scanning. There are a lot of changes that need to be done to make it work for everyone.

Went back to 01-05 1304.

Priority works for me with the higher values in this version. There are a few occasions where it does not interrupt. I observed far more issues with Version 1329 not interrupting. Just an FYI. Thanks.
Thanks for reporting that. Are you using the "roaming" mode? That may be related to the issue in newer versions.

-edit: I forgot to mention that @phillydjdan got back to me with the correct volume levels for the P25 Phase II tones. They should be much better now. The default volume has been changed to a value of 1.0 (which is now 100x less than previous versions). It should sound better now.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
There may still be issues with the latest versions and scanning. Does it work if you set the roaming value to > 0? Hopefully, I will be getting back to improving the scanning. There are a lot of changes that need to be done to make it work for everyone.
I will give that a try and report back.

Reactions: btt

kinglou0

I'll get that added in the next release.

Excellent development. This has been on my list of wants. Seeing the alias in the collapsed monitoring window would be very nice.

edit-
:cool:....just saw your post about basic rid/alias functionality. Off to see how it works.

brndnstffrd

The latest version ( 2021-02-20_1916 ) has a basic RID/Alias editor working. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for reporting that. Are you using the "roaming" mode? That may be related to the issue in newer versions.

-edit: I forgot to mention that @phillydjdan got back to me with the correct volume levels for the P25 Phase II tones. They should be much better now. The default volume has been changed to a value of 1.0 (which is now 100x less than previous versions). It should sound better now.
Just updated mine, took a few tries of unplugging the device and restarting the program but all is well now. So far so good with the RID Aliasing. Only got a few added in so far but I do like the addition. Only addition so far is that it would be nice to have the ability to sort like how the talkgroup screen can, instead of being fixed to being listed in the order added. Its a minor thing, and not a negative at all.

Havent had any tones come across in the few mins ive been trying the new update but so far so good. Im already adding aliases and its working great. Thanks for being so responsive and accepting of our suggestions so far! Great job!

Excellent development. This has been on my list of wants. Seeing the alias in the collapsed monitoring window would be very nice.
It's there, and it does.

kinglou0

Just updated mine, took a few tries of unplugging the device and restarting the program but all is well now. So far so good with the RID Aliasing. Only got a few added in so far but I do like the addition. Only addition so far is that it would be nice to have the ability to sort like how the talkgroup screen can, instead of being fixed to being listed in the order added. Its a minor thing, and not a negative at all.

Havent had any tones come across in the few mins ive been trying the new update but so far so good. Im already adding aliases and its working great. Thanks for being so responsive and accepting of our suggestions so far! Great job!

It's there, and it does.

Untitled.png

Yup.
A clear case of jumping into a thread where I last was versus reading it completely through!

Another step closer to dumping my dedicated RTL setup for monitoring the local sheriff's office.
P25RX records, logs, and now uses RIDs.

@btt I'm assuming that export/import RIDs is coming at a later point. Buttons for these functions are greyed out. Have a list of about ~100 that I'd like to import.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I will give that a try and report back.

Circling back on this. There is definitely some unusual behavior with roaming and multiple systems. Even if I increase the roaming value, the other systems are overlooked. I know you are still working on things, so I won't sweat it.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Circling back on this. There is definitely some unusual behavior with roaming and multiple systems. Even if I increase the roaming value, the other systems are overlooked. I know you are still working on things, so I won't sweat it.

I might've missed it but did you post a SS of your Search DB for CC tab?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I hadn't, but here it is. I added a fair number of these manually as they were not in the database or they are alt CC's. I am currently receiving data on the designated primary channel. No roaming, because when I flash in roaming, it only scans the 800MHz frequencies and none of the 700 or UHF.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-22 215109.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 215109.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 26

pdhall54

Premium Subscriber
I hadn't, but here it is. I added a fair number of these manually as they were not in the database or they are alt CC's. I am currently receiving data on the designated primary channel. No roaming, because when I flash in roaming, it only scans the 800MHz frequencies and none of the 700 or UHF.
Did you highlight the manually entered CC's and run "Test Selected Frequencies" to make sure your receiver is hearing CC traffic?

btt

Banned
Banned
@Markb, that is a long list for the current firmware. It will take a while to cycle through the list. Are those all P25 control channel frequencies? If there are voice channel frequencies in the list, take those out. You can tell the difference when you do a "test freqs". The control channels have a result of something like "P25_CC", voice channels will show "P25_P1" when active. I will be working on mixed mode support for the list in future firmware versions.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
@Markb, that is a long list for the current firmware. It will take a while to cycle through the list. Are those all P25 control channel frequencies? If there are voice channel frequencies in the list, take those out. You can tell the difference when you do a "test freqs". The control channels have a result of something like "P25_CC", voice channels will show "P25_P1" when active. I will be working on mixed mode support for the list in future firmware versions.
Ok. Thanks!

There aren't any voice-only frequencies, just CC's and alternate CC's (which may carry voice, of course). I will remove the alternates.

btt

Banned
Banned
@btt I'm assuming that export/import RIDs is coming at a later point. Buttons for these functions are greyed out. Have a list of about ~100 that I'd like to import.

Import csv RID,ALIAS now supported in version 2021-02-23_1204. The first two columns are RID,ALIAS separated by a comma. The alias files are stored by MAC. On Windows, this is Documents/p25rx/MAC_XXXX/p25rx_aliases.csv. I removed the "row highlights". That was causing issues.

-------------
The issue of the Alias tab becoming sluggish after hours of running should be solved. Please let me know if there are any issues that should be resolved in this release. I'm shooting for this version becoming the new "stable" version. I would like to get the software/firmware ready for loading on to the next batch of receivers before shipping. Thanks!

brndnstffrd

Tried this newest updated version. It definitely runs smoother with the row highlighting off. It isnt really an issue, but a minor addition that would increase usablity for the alias screen would be sorting the columns. It wouldn't need to auto-sort in realtime as entries were added, which would make entries difficult, but if you could just double click the column name and have it sort according to column specified, like how the talkgroup screen does, would be sufficient.

Other than that, great job on the newest release! Adding RID's and aliases is another major addition to a great product.

btt

Banned
Banned
Tried this newest updated version. It definitely runs smoother with the row highlighting off. It isnt really an issue, but a minor addition that would increase usablity for the alias screen would be sorting the columns. It wouldn't need to auto-sort in realtime as entries were added, which would make entries difficult, but if you could just double click the column name and have it sort according to column specified, like how the talkgroup screen does, would be sufficient.

Other than that, great job on the newest release! Adding RID's and aliases is another major addition to a great product.
New release 2021-02-23_1415 with RID column sorting.

rdlafore

Premium Subscriber
New release 2021-02-23_1415 with RID column sorting.
Just started running _1415. It appears I can sort the RID once, But, cannot sort a second time. Otherwise, good audio, no other issues noted.

EDIT, If I close BTConfig and re-open, the RID goes back to its original "unsorted" order. So thats a work around if you want to "unsort"

btt

Banned
Banned
Just started running _1415. It appears I can sort the RID once, But, cannot sort a second time. Otherwise, good audio, no other issues noted.
It only sorts in descending order. You should be able to sort again multiple times. It appears to be working ok here. Let me know if there is still an issue.