P25RX-II P25RX-II Multimode Scanning

btt

Banned
Banned
Todd.. Dumb question for ya..
Can I have a talkgroup in more than one zone?.. If so, How do I accomplish it?
Yes, but with the current firmware, you can only accomplish this by importing a CSV file with duplicate records (multiple zones). I'll see if I can figure out a good way to do this without having to import. It will likely have to be done with a separate function and a popup to ask you for all the fields.

btt

Banned
Banned
Well, I have 1044 loaded but whenI try to edit in the TG editor it will not let me, just as soon as I begin to edit it gets wiped. If I try and read talkgroup from DEV it there for a split second, then disappears. I do see where the Enable Table Updates is checked but grayed out….
I understand why this is an issue now. I've been testing by editing existing records. This works because you are only editing one cell at a time for a complete record. The reason it is failing for you is probably because you are trying to enter a new record on a blank line and while you don't get interrupted while editing a single cell, you can't enter a complete record this way. I'll get it fixed.

btt

Banned
Banned
Change for version 2022-06-19_0639:
-Allow entering new records on a blank line for the talk group and alias tables. For a talk group record to be complete, all fields but description must be non-empty. For alias records, the RID and Alias must be non-empty. When you start editing a new line, a 60 second timeout starts after each cell is edited. After 60 seconds of no activity on a partial record entry, the edit will be aborted.

It still doesn't allow entering duplicate TG records this way. I'm still working on that.

btt

Banned
Banned
Todd.. Dumb question for ya..
Can I have a talkgroup in more than one zone?.. If so, How do I accomplish it?
Starting with version 2022-06-19_0759:
-Add <Duplicate> button to talk group editor. This will create a duplicate record of the selected row, but with the zone set to 9999. After this, you can edit the zone to be a valid zone number. This enables having the same TG in multiple zones.

Note, if you are sorting by ROWID or Zone, you will find the duplicate record at the bottom of the table. If you sort by AlphaTag when creating the duplicate, the newly created row should be close to the record that was duplicated.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
It shouldn't allow updates to the table while you are editing. I'll see if I can reproduce with WIndows. When you start editing, "enable table updates" should be unchecked automatically.

edit: Tested on Windows 10. It works as intended. Are you sure you are running 06-18_1044 from here?
I will double check when I get home, but pretty sure I am ...

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Todd,

Quick question for you.....how does the squelch work when scanning/roaming?

Thanks

Steve
It doesn't do anything when monitoring P25. For analog modulations, I use the individual squelch settings in the channel configurations. You can set a different squelch level for every channel this way. When the instantaneous signal level is above the squelch level, there is a short gating period at the beginning to prevent false detections. In order to enable / disable this setting, you enter it into the channel configuration, then press < apply changes>, then press <sync channel configurations to receiver>. You only need to do the <sync to receiver> at the very end after you changed the channel configurations. If you don't enable the individual squelch settings, then the slider squelch setting will be used. Let me know if you want me to describe anything more specific.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I understand why this is an issue now. I've been testing by editing existing records. This works because you are only editing one cell at a time for a complete record. The reason it is failing for you is probably because you are trying to enter a new record on a blank line and while you don't get interrupted while editing a single cell, you can't enter a complete record this way. I'll get it fixed.
You are exactly right, I was attempting to enter a new record. I will use v1735 until a fix is in place…..Thanks a ton 👍

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
It is fixed in the latest (2022-06-19_1121)
edit: Note: When you enter a new records, you have to fill out all fields except for the description field.

Here are the other notes for updates this morning:
-Add <Duplicate> button to talk group editor. This will create a duplicate record of the selected row, but with the zone set to 9999. After this, you can edit the zone to be a valid zone number. This allows having the same TG in multiple zones. 06-19_0759.
-Allow entering new records on a blank line for the talk group and alias tables. For a talk group record to be complete, all fields but description must be non-empty. For alias records, the RID and Alias must be non-empty. When you start editing a new line, a 60 second timeout starts after each cell is edited. After 60 seconds of no activity on a partial record entry, the edit will be aborted. 06-19_0639.
There must be something I am not doing correctly. I want to create a new entry in the TG editor. Would you provide a step by step instruction? 😵‍💫

btt

Banned
Banned
@W0RS, you aren't doing anything wrong. It was fixed in version 06-19_0639 when I replied yesterday. Adding a new record was broken after the change in 06-19_0759 to allow adding duplicate records. Adding TG records should be fixed in 06-20_0624.

btt

Banned
Banned
There were still issues with the talk group editor functions. The talk group database is reworked now and uses a new column for rowid. It allows duplicate records (with unique rowid). If you import records twice from CSV files, you will have duplicates of those records. If you don't want this, then delete those records before or after the import. You can select all rows in the table by clicking anywhere on the table and pressing CTRL-a. Let me know if there are still issues. version 2022-06-20_1602.

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
There were still issues with the talk group editor functions. The talk group database is reworked now and uses a new column for rowid. It allows duplicate records (with unique rowid). If you import records twice from CSV files, you will have duplicates of those records. If you don't want this, then delete those records before or after the import. You can select all rows in the table by clicking anywhere on the table and pressing CTRL-a. Let me know if there are still issues. version 2022-06-20_1602. This version creates a new database table and will require you to re-import your talk group records.

Does that update impact any database other than the talk groups?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This thread has 6-20 1734:

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Todd,

I'm running BTCFG-II-2022-06-30_1531 on my RX-II. Initially when I began it kept saying new firmware was available every time I started the program. It finally stopped that loop and is working very well on my local MARCS system. What was updated in the 1531 release?

After getting comfortable with the RX-II I want to play with the experimental software. What are the experimental features?

tnx,

btt

Banned
Banned
Todd,

I'm running BTCFG-II-2022-06-30_1531 on my RX-II. Initially when I began it kept saying new firmware was available every time I started the program. It finally stopped that loop and is working very well on my local MARCS system. What was updated in the 1531 release?

After getting comfortable with the RX-II I want to play with the experimental software. What are the experimental features?

tnx,
Really too many things to list for changes (assuming you are updating from the 02-10_1045 stable). On the download page, I keep a log of most of the changes. The primary difference with the latest non-scanning versions is the ability to select between LSM and CQPSK modulations per control channel in the roaming table. The experimental version is nearly a complete re-write. It was the result of many people asking for scanning support as well as support for analog modulations. It is very different and it appears it may have been a mistake to make the software more complicated. A few people seem to be very happy with the scanning support. I think others will warm up to it over time. I'm currently working on wrapping up Broadcastify Calls support. After that, I will be getting back to adding support to the P25RX (original model) for the new multi-mode scanning firmware/software (I promised I would). I still need to write another user manual for the new software and update the web site. Hopefully, that will generate some renewed interest.