P25RX-II P25RX-II Multimode Scanning

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
C:\Users\Dave\Downloads>certutil -hashfile ADV_BTCFG-II-2022-07-01_1542 MD5
MD5 hash of ADV_BTCFG-II-2022-07-01_1542:
b15e49f5dcbb83aa5858e3e5bc1293f5
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully

same checksum as yours.. All three downloads are the same.. PC asks which program to open the "file".. Any ideas??

FreqNout

Any ideas??
All of the btt software is Java based. Can you select Java to run it on your pc?

Edit: You may also want to ensure Java is correctly installed on your pc.
At a command prompt in the directory with the btt file run

java -version

If you do not see a Java version response, Java is not properly installed.

Edit2: It could also be a Windows permissions issue if the file can not be run.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
b15e49f5dcbb83aa5858e3e5bc1293f5
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully

same checksum as yours.. All three downloads are the same.. PC asks which program to open the "file".. Any ideas??
Thanks for verifying the integrity of the files. I don't know why this would happen. It sounds like it has to be an operating system level issue. I would think the issue was something to do with the executable, but it works here on WIndows 10 and works for some others. I sent an email to the other person who had the same or similar issue to see if they figured it out. When they first mentioned it, we both thought it sounded like something virus-protection-software related, but I think he ruled that out. Please let us know if you figure it out. I will keep working on it.

btt

Banned
Banned
@dcr_inc,
I heard back from the other person having issues. They haven't completely figured it out, but it may have something to do with downloading with Firefox. He says it works fine when downloading with Chrome. I don't know why that would matter since the file is not modified (the md5sum checks out). Probably worth a try though?

FreqNout

Does the ADV_BTC... File have the exe file extension when downloaded? Asking because in your post above there is no file extension.

Vermonster

Quick feedback and two questions.
Ran 2022-07-03 14:40 over the weekend on the 700mhz Boston overlay of the CoMIRS system. This is a mixed Ph1 (FDMA) + Ph2 (TDMA) system, which was very busy with 4th of July activities. Even though I am at the edge of reception all worked great including decode of Ph1 voice and the limited non-encrypted TDMA voice calls. Ran 36 hours straight on Win10 box with no lockups. Great work.
I also tested on a conventional P25 LSM system with great results.

One noted glitch, it appears audio recording is not working with P25 conventional. Works fine with analog and P25 trunked.

First question: On trunked P25 system, will voice channels inherit gains of the control channel--that is, I only program the CC and set manual gains for best reception; do I need to also enter the VC for the system and manually enter the gain that works best for the CC?

Second question: Is there any way to change the name of a frequency in the system tree if I initially incorrectly enter the frequency. For example, if I initially enter a frequency of 700.58125 but find it to be incorrect, I can change the frequency to the correct 774.58125 but the label in the system tree remains 700.58125 and I can't see how to change it.

Thanks for all the great work.

Reactions: btt

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
FreqNout.. No exe extension when downloaded with firefox..

I did download it again using Google Chrome, All is good and working..

Thanks ALL !!

btt

Banned
Banned
Quick feedback and two questions.
Ran 2022-07-03 14:40 over the weekend on the 700mhz Boston overlay of the CoMIRS system. This is a mixed Ph1 (FDMA) + Ph2 (TDMA) system, which was very busy with 4th of July activities. Even though I am at the edge of reception all worked great including decode of Ph1 voice and the limited non-encrypted TDMA voice calls. Ran 36 hours straight on Win10 box with no lockups. Great work.
I also tested on a conventional P25 LSM system with great results.

One noted glitch, it appears audio recording is not working with P25 conventional. Works fine with analog and P25 trunked.

First question: On trunked P25 system, will voice channels inherit gains of the control channel--that is, I only program the CC and set manual gains for best reception; do I need to also enter the VC for the system and manually enter the gain that works best for the CC?

Second question: Is there any way to change the name of a frequency in the system tree if I initially incorrectly enter the frequency. For example, if I initially enter a frequency of 700.58125 but find it to be incorrect, I can change the frequency to the correct 774.58125 but the label in the system tree remains 700.58125 and I can't see how to change it.

Thanks for all the great work.
@Vermonster,
Thank you for the testing / reporting! It is appreciated. The Tree structure is a file system structure in the current version. You will find that the frequency label that you can't change is the name of a directory/folder. You can rename the directory and refresh the tree view. I'll look into making that more intuitive. On your quest related to gains, you don't need to enter the traffic channel gains. They will use the CC gains.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
A small clarification, I am on V2028. On the TG Editor, what is the Duplicate tab used for? I am thinking of a couple different ways, but neither may be correct. Don’t want to try it as it might cause a headache for me…🤔

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
A small clarification, I am on V2028. On the TG Editor, what is the Duplicate tab used for? I am thinking of a couple different ways, but neither may be correct. Don’t want to try it as it might cause a headache for me…🤔
Starting with version 2022-06-19_0759:
-Add <Duplicate> button to talk group editor. This will create a duplicate record of the selected row, but with the zone set to 9999. After this, you can edit the zone to be a valid zone number. This enables having the same TG in multiple zones.

Note, if you are sorting by ROWID or Zone, you will find the duplicate record at the bottom of the table. If you sort by AlphaTag when creating the duplicate, the newly created row should be close to the record that was duplicated.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
I watched the videos but not sure how the tree view gets it's data. Think I'm missing something.
Hi wb4sqi,
I will put together some more information soon. There are two related types of CSV files that you can download from RR as a premium subscriber. You can download data for STATE (STID_xxx.csv) or COUNTY (CTID_xxx.csv) files and put them into your Documents/p25rx/rr_imports folder. When you click on the <Import RR CSV> button on the Channel Config tab, you will see these files as an option. For P25 Configuration, I suggest only selecting control channel frequencies. This way you can use the right-button pop-up menu on the tree view to configure various options for all of the control channels simultaneously. Hopefully that will help you understand what is happening in the videos better.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
I bet I downloaded the state file instead of the county file. I'll check that and try again. I am a premium subscriber so no problem there.

Moving up the learning curve one step at a time....

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
My TG file database is a mess. I have many TG IDs that are duplicated but with different row numbers! I believe somehow when I went from the old way of database creation to the new way is where I got myself fouled up. I think the best way for me at this point is to start over. I have a premium subscription so it won’t be that bad to start over. The one thing I don’t know is, how do I erase the TG data in the device?

btt

Banned
Banned
My TG file database is a mess. I have many TG IDs that are duplicated but with different row numbers! I believe somehow when I went from the old way of database creation to the new way is where I got myself fouled up. I think the best way for me at this point is to start over. I have a premium subscription so it won’t be that bad to start over. The one thing I don’t know is, how do I erase the TG data in the device?

Deleting records from the TG database:
  • To delete a single TG record, highlight it and press the delete key or the <delete selected> button.
  • To delete multiple records, highlight them with the left-mouse button and shift / CTRL keys, then press delete key or <delete selected> button.
  • To delete all records, press CTRL-a to highlight all records, then press delete key or <delete selected> button.
After deleting the records from the database, you can
  • <Import DSD/CSV> Import talk groups from a file backup or the DSD formatted CSV files available on RR
  • <Import TG records from DEV> this will import records from the receiver flash memory into the database
  • <Write TG to DEV> this will write the TG records in the database to the receiver flash memory. Any existing records in the flash memory are erased first.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Deleting records from the TG database:
  • To delete a single TG record, highlight it and press the delete key or the <delete selected> button.
  • To delete multiple records, highlight them with the left-mouse button and shift / CTRL keys, then press delete key or <delete selected> button.
  • To delete all records, press CTRL-a to highlight all records, then press delete key or <delete selected> button.
After deleting the records from the database, you can
  • <Import DSD/CSV> Import talk groups from a file backup or the DSD formatted CSV files available on RR
  • <Import TG records from DEV> this will import records from the receiver flash memory into the database
  • <Write TG to DEV> this will write the TG records in the database to the receiver flash memory. Any existing records in the flash memory are erased first.
Ok…Thanks

btt

Banned
Banned
This thread has been extremely quiet for a while.
Sorry for the slow down in Java software development. Because of the supply chain issues, I have to keep searching for solutions. In this case, the solutions require reworking everything around parts that are available. This all has to be done on a very limited budget and has to be done quickly (takes all my time). I am currently working on getting the firmware ported and working on a part that is available. I am also working on a new product design. Prototype boards have been ordered. Can't wait to say more about it! I still have plans to bring the P25RX, P25RX-II, and future developments together with unified firmware, and software. I know it looks pretty bleak right now (supply chain, inflation, etc), but I have a plan to get the cost down on the new product and add several new features at the same time. So far, so good! I hope to have more to share soon.