P25RX-II P25RX-II Multimode Scanning

btt

Banned
Banned
I should have reported this yesterday, but since the newest update (08-06 20:10), no more lock-ups for me. I was experiencing a L/U on a daily basis before that for a week or so, (since doing one of the previous updates). Nice work whatever you did!
Thank you for reporting that. Thanks goes to @kb8q for reporting, testing, and helping to finally solve that issue!

FreqNout

I am currently working on getting the firmware ported and working on a part that is available. I am also working on a new product design. Prototype boards have been ordered. Can't wait to say more about it! I still have plans to bring the P25RX, P25RX-II, and future developments together with unified firmware, and software. I know it looks pretty bleak right now (supply chain, inflation, etc), but I have a plan to get the cost down on the new product and add several new features at the same time. So far, so good! I hope to have more to share soon.
Fantastic news!
Thank you for not giving up!

Reactions: btt

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
@Todd, My comment was not directed to you, I know that you are busy with parts sourcing, prototypes, etc.

As for the forum, I have a question. I'm using the RXII Advanced software and ran a search yesterday in the 800mhz band with 10 iterations. I ended up with a boat load of frequencies, both P25 and DMR. How does one manipulate the list to eliminate duplicates and/or convert it to csv?

btt

Banned
Banned
I was hoping to have a firmware update ready for release this weekend. It may still happen. I apologize to the 2 new customers that reported issues with the RR CSV import. I normally try to fix these things faster when they are reported. I didn't forget. I will be working on it soon.

@Todd, My comment was not directed to you, I know that you are busy with parts sourcing, prototypes, etc.

As for the forum, I have a question. I'm using the RXII Advanced software and ran a search yesterday in the 800mhz band with 10 iterations. I ended up with a boat load of frequencies, both P25 and DMR. How does one manipulate the list to eliminate duplicates and/or convert it to csv?
You can use the mouse and shift or ctrl keys to select the entries to delete, then click the right mouse button for an option to remove them. Does that help?

btt

Banned
Banned
Release 2022-08-14_1849 is available. Please give this a try if you were having issues with a missing MODE column when importing RR CSV files.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hi Todd... wonder if this version would fix that $Reset Count$ issue I was seeing earlier... I tried the 2022-08-06 version today with no joy. Also, the last version of the non-tree-view edition (2022-05-05) now hangs on "verifying device firmware" or such. I'm still back on 2022-02-10_1045... which is working perfectly!

Release 2022-08-14_1849 is available. Please give this a try if you were having issues with a missing MODE column when importing RR CSV files.

btt

Banned
Banned
Hi Todd... wonder if this version would fix that $Reset Count$ issue I was seeing earlier... I tried the 2022-08-06 version today with no joy. Also, the last version of the non-tree-view edition (2022-05-05) now hangs on "verifying device firmware" or such. I'm still back on 2022-02-10_1045... which is working perfectly!
I'm going to need to take you up on the remote control offer to solve that one. I can't reproduce it here.

SBVolunteer

Premium Subscriber
On page 13 of the user manual there is a button for clearing out the contents of roaming flash. That button has been eliminated in the P25RX-II Multimode Scanning software version. How do I clear previously loaded frequency information to load all new frequencies?

FreqNout

in the P25RX-II Multimode Scanning software version. How do I clear previously loaded frequency information to load all new frequencies?

This may help get you started...

Version 2022-05-15_1603 release available. This version adds the "Remove Selected Systems" to the right-button pop-up menu for the tree view. You can use the CTRL / SHIFT keys with the left mouse button to select multiple systems, sites, frequencies to remove from the list.

SBVolunteer

Premium Subscriber
I tried “remove selected from list” in the popup in the channel browser window. The frequency was removed from the channel browser tree but remained in the radio.

btt

Banned
Banned
I tried “remove selected from list” in the popup in the channel browser window. The frequency was removed from the channel browser tree but remained in the radio.
If you aren't using the latest version, try updating. The 08-15_2053 release fixed an issue with RR imports that would create unintended "folders" if there were '/' characters in the import fields. You may have to delete these unintended folders manually. They are located in the Documents/p25rx/systems folder by default.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Want to send a huge shout-out to Todd... I had an elusive issue with later versions of the ADV multimode scanning software that we had been troubleshooting for months. This morning Todd remoted into my PC and within 20 minutes found the issue and updated the software to correct it. Talk about amazing customer support! Thanks again, my friend... next homebrew Oktoberfest is on me!