P25RX P25 Phase 1/2/DMR Receiver With Bluetooth Audio Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is there any possibility (maybe early next year) that we could use an ipad mini or regular ipad as a display?
Perhaps use the display of the ipad and speakers or BT speakers or line out speakers?
I only mention iPads as there are more of them floating around than android devices. I have 2 ipad mini 1 that collect dust and occasionally pull out and use for an online feed or radar when the weather gets bad.

Mike_G_D

Is there any possibility (maybe early next year) that we could use an ipad mini or regular ipad as a display?
Perhaps use the display of the ipad and speakers or BT speakers or line out speakers?
I only mention iPads as there are more of them floating around than android devices. I have 2 ipad mini 1 that collect dust and occasionally pull out and use for an online feed or radar when the weather gets bad.
I am going to add my support to this request and add the need for Android support for phones and tablets of that ilk as well. It is crying out for a means to have some form of smartphone and tablet interface to allow both audio and display functions if not also some form of control.

I think, in the very short term, perhaps the easiest and quickest partial solution is to have a display only, with audio, that simply displays the basic talk group alias information, CC frequency, sysID, and voice frequency used along with the audio. This would be great for "portable" use with a battery USB supply. Maybe use web XTML to be "cross platform" and rely on a web browser for the display? My knowledge of this approach is pitifully low so I don't know how practical that could be. But some way to display on a smartphone or tablet would be good.

I don't own a Bluetooth receiver with display capability as some users with modern Bluetooth enabled cars have so I don't know how well that could be used for this case. It sounds like it works well, from what I have read. But I don't know of a way to get that same display in my smartphone, if possible, if it can be linked to the P25RX via Bluetooth.

-Mike

Mike_G_D

air-scan,

How embarrassing.

Please accept my apologies for that completely unprofessional response last night. I have no excuse. I should have stayed far away from the computer. I see you were probably responding to the "firmware limitations" section of the user-manual. (it has been updated). Thanks for pointing that out.
LOL!

Sound like you need:

1) Customer relations representative;
2) Document control manager;

Hazards of being a (really) small company; wearing many hats can be cumbersome and even "hazardous" at times;-)!

-Mike

btt

Banned
Banned
On a more positive note... and moving forward.

found NXDN_FRAME_SYNC 180
found NXDN_FRAME_SYNC 181
found NXDN_FRAME_SYNC 182
found NXDN_FRAME_SYNC 183
found NXDN_FRAME_SYNC 184

I've been detecting NXDN-4800 syncs for a couple of days now, but I have not been able to get really clean symbols in the 6.25 kHz channel yet. Once that gets figured out, I don't think it will take too long to start listening to some voice.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I could see mounting one of these in an old Bearcat BC-IV case or similar, using the original speaker. Would be a great vintage-looking radio addition to our kitchen counter! :cool:

I've read through all 23 pages of this thread, and I must say the development effort here is nothing short of phenomenal, and I've been involved in medical device design and development for almost 40 years. Congrats @btt, great job!

One question... our FD's system here uses the county's P25 PII system for dispatch and enroute comms, but often switches to a VHF analog fireground frequency. Can the P25RX handle this situation and monitor both at the same time? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks, and again, great job!

btt

Banned
Banned
One question... our FD's system here uses the county's P25 PII system for dispatch and enroute comms, but often switches to a VHF analog fireground frequency. Can the P25RX handle this situation and monitor both at the same time? Or is it one or the other?
Thank you for the comments and question. As of the current firmware, you would have to select one or the other.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the comments and question. As of the current firmware, you would have to select one or the other.

Ah, OK... I may need to see if I can stuff two of them into that old Bearcat case then... and another two for my BCFY feed... hmm. Not sure my CFO would approve that... but she did let me buy a vintage VW bug a few months ago... I'll work on it... I'll try batting my eyes at her like she did with me to get a cat and two dogs. :ROFLMAO:

air-scan

air-scan,

How embarrassing.

Please accept my apologies for that completely unprofessional response last night. I have no excuse. I should have stayed far away from the computer. I see you were probably responding to the "firmware limitations" section of the user-manual. (it has been updated). Thanks for pointing that out.
No problems. that's exactly the source I was thinking when I posted it. It was in the manual. The manual is the final say about the product's use and other specifics. Thanks for catching the mistake and fixing the manual for accuracy. I am happy APCO P25 PII TDMA is supported.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
I'd have to go back and find who was looking for more use info on Ohio MARCS. I've only been testing on the Columbus site. After a few weeks of other things eating my time, I'm going to update firmware and give Ohio MARCS some testing. Mobile and stationary.

@btt would it be possible for some changes in the talkgroup editing? Like maybe a way to import/export? I do a lot of manipulating the talkgroup lists for different scanning uses. That would make it easier to just import a set list if you will. I already do this as I maintain my favorite lists in my Uniden SDS100, I just edit the favorites file directly in a text editor too. CSV format maybe or tab delimited? Thanks.

Also where can the trial versions be found? I wanted to try out the manual gain functions.

Last edited:

boy7777777777

I'd have to go back and find who was looking for more use info on Ohio MARCS. I've only been testing on the Columbus site. After a few weeks of other things eating my time, I'm going to update firmware and give Ohio MARCS some testing. Mobile and stationary.

@btt would it be possible for some changes in the talkgroup editing? Like maybe a way to import/export? I do a lot of manipulating the talkgroup lists for different scanning uses. That would make it easier to just import a set list if you will. I already do this as I maintain my favorite lists in my Uniden SDS100, I just edit the favorites file directly in a text editor too. CSV format maybe or tab delimited? Thanks.

Also where can the trial versions be found? I wanted to try out the manual gain functions.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber

Geez I was crawling all over his github.

ScanBoston

Premium Subscriber
Just got my unit and love it so far. Haven't found it in the manual yet but is the 1 the highest priority or lowest?

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Just got my unit and love it so far. Haven't found it in the manual yet but is the 1 the highest priority or lowest?
The talk group priority is a relative number. If a grant with more than one talk group is received, the priority is part of the decision of which one to use. The current talk group is always the highest priority.

boy7777777777

Is there any way to make the firmware support the priority number that is the highest actually take priority over a current active Talkgroup?

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Is there any way to make the firmware support the priority number that is the highest actually take priority over a current active Talkgroup?
This is a good question. I started to write a response and realized this deserves some thought and discussion of how it should work.... now that the talk group timeout works effectively.

btt

Banned
Banned
New testing version available 2020-09-20_0844

From the tips section:
Over-ride Talk Group Timeout Feature
$ pri_always 1 (enable talk group timeout over-ride, default 0)
When set to 1, the talk group timeout will be ignored. On grants with multiple talk groups, the talk group with the higher priority will always be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.